J A Dilley
Affiliation: Office of Disease Prevention and Epidemiology
- Quality improvement interventions in public health systems: a systematic reviewJulia A Dilley
Multnomah County Health Department Oregon Health Authority, Portland, Oregon, USA
Am J Prev Med 42:S58-71. 2012..The purpose of this study was to review the literature to describe public health system QI interventions and their impact on public health practices and health outcomes...
- Program, policy, and price interventions for tobacco control: quantifying the return on investment of a state tobacco control programJulia A Dilley
Program Design and Evaluation Services, Multnomah County Health Department and Oregon Health Authority, Portland, OR 97232, USA
Am J Public Health 102:e22-8. 2012..We examined health effects associated with 3 tobacco control interventions in Washington State: a comprehensive state program, a state policy banning smoking in public places, and price increases...
- Demonstrating the importance and feasibility of including sexual orientation in public health surveys: health disparities in the Pacific NorthwestJulia A Dilley
Program Design and Evaluation Services, Multnomah County Health Department, Portland, OR, USA
Am J Public Health 100:460-7. 2010..We identified health disparities for a statewide population of lesbian, gay, and bisexual (LGB) men and women compared with their heterosexual counterparts...
- From making pamphlets to making policies: results from a collaborative training to increase knowledge, motivation, and self-efficacy for achieving public health policy and systems changeJulia A Dilley
Multnomah County Health Department and Oregon Department of Human Services, Portland, Oregon 97232, USA
Health Promot Pract 10:138S-145S. 2009..This study suggests that an integrated training, using adult learning theory, has led to long-term improvements in capacity among public health staff and partners...
- Does tobacco industry marketing excessively impact lesbian, gay and bisexual communities?J A Dilley
Program Design and Evaluation Services, Multnomah County Health Department, Portland, Oregon 97232, USA
Tob Control 17:385-90. 2008..Pro-tobacco messages may diminish the effectiveness of tobacco control activities and contribute to the high smoking prevalence among LGB populations...
- Effective tobacco control in Washington State: a smart investment for healthy futuresJulia Dilley
Program Design and Evaluation Services, Multnomah County Health Department Oregon Department of Human Services, 800 NE Oregon St, Suite 550, Portland, OR 97232, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 4:A65. 2007..This report documents the history and observed effectiveness of that program...
- Smoke-free law associated with higher-than-expected taxable retail sales for bars and taverns in Washington StateMyde Boles
Program Design and Evaluation Services, Multnomah County Health Department and Oregon Public Health Division, 827 NE Oregon St, Ste 250, Portland, OR 97232, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 7:A79. 2010..This study describes changes in sales revenue in bars and taverns since December 2005, when a statewide smoke-free law in Washington State went into effect...
- Are Latinos really less likely to be smokers? Lessons from OregonJulie E Maher
Program Design and Evaluation Services, Multnomah County Health Department, Portland, OR 97232, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 7:283-7. 2005..Although programs for Latinos should reinforce protective aspects of Latino culture, decreasing the smoking prevalence in the U.S. mainstream culture might mitigate the negative impact of acculturation on smoking behaviors...
- Solution for survey discrepancies in Washington State smoking prevalenceMichael J Boysun
Prev Chronic Dis 3:A27. 2006