Yolanda C Oertel
- A pathologist trying to help endocrinologists to interpret cytopathology reports from thyroid aspiratesYolanda C Oertel
Pathology Department, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC 20010 2975, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:1459-61. 2002..Endocrinologists should communicate their needs to the pathologists and insist on clear, succinct, and prompt diagnoses...
- Fine-needle aspiration in rural areasYolanda C Oertel
Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Lancet 371:1147-8. 2008
- Value of repeated fine needle aspirations of the thyroid: an analysis of over ten thousand FNAsYolanda C Oertel
Pathology Department C 1219, Washington Hospital Center, 110 Irving Street NW, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Thyroid 17:1061-6. 2007..Do the findings on initial FNA really spare patients thyroidectomy or do they only postpone it? The purpose of the present study is our attempt to answer this question...
- Fine-needle aspiration of the thyroid: technique and terminologyYolanda C Oertel
Pathology Department C 1219, Washington Hospital Center, and The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, 2300 Eye Street NW, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 36:737-51, vi-vii. 2007..The author believes that more emphasis has to be placed on mastering this deceptively simple technique. The author shares technical hints learned over 30 years...
- Cytopathology reports from fine needle aspirations of the thyroid gland: can they be improved?Yolanda C Oertel
Pathology Department, Washington Hospital Center, 110 Irving Street, NW, Washington, DC 20010 2975, USA
Thyroid 17:33-5. 2007..Here I provide my views and suggestions on improving cytopathology reports based on over 30 years' experience of performing and reporting thyroidal FNAs...
- Cytologic features of insular carcinoma of the thyroid: a case reportYolanda C Oertel
Department of Pathology, FNA Service, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC 20010 2975, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 34:572-5. 2006..However, the follicular cells are arranged predominantly in rosettes, their nuclei appear more monotonous, some "intranuclear cytoplasmic pseudoinclusions" are seen, and there is an occasional large cell with a pleomorphic nucleus...
- Black thyroid revisited: cytologic diagnosis in fine-needle aspirates is unlikelyYolanda C Oertel
Fine Needle Aspiration Service, Pathology Department, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC 20010 2975, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 34:106-11. 2006..FNA does not seem to be a reliable method to diagnose black thyroid preoperatively. Although this is a striking operative finding, diagnosing it on FNA seems to be unlikely and also inconsequential...
- Integrating fine-needle aspiration into a daily practice involving thyroid disorders: the Washington Hospital Center approachYolanda C Oertel
Department of Pathology, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, D C 20010 2975, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 27:120-2. 2002
- Emerging role of the interventional pathologistYolanda C Oertel
Fine Needle Aspiration Service, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, District of Columbia 20010, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 30:295-6. 2004
- Training, credentialing and re-credentialing for the performance of a thyroid FNA: a synopsis of the National Cancer Institute Thyroid Fine-Needle Aspiration State of the Science ConferenceBritt Marie E Ljung
Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 1785, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 36:400-6. 2008..http://thyroidfna.cancer.gov/pages/info/agenda/)..
- "Atypical" cells in fine-needle aspiration biopsy specimens of benign thyroid cystsYolanda C Oertel
Cancer 108:72; author reply 73. 2006
- Comment on the AACE/AME Medical Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Thyroid NodulesYolanda C Oertel
Endocr Pract 14:571; author reply 571-2. 2008
- Unsatisfactory (vs. nondiagnostic) thyroidal aspirates: a semantic issue?Yolanda C Oertel
Diagn Cytopathol 34:87-8. 2006
- Some thoughts about fine needle aspirations of thyroid nodulesYolanda C Oertel
Thyroid 14:86-7. 2004
- Management of the clinically inapparent adrenal mass ("incidentaloma")Melvin M Grumbach
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Ann Intern Med 138:424-9. 2003..The panel also advocated a multidisciplinary approach to managing adrenal incidentalomas. The statement is an independent report of the panel and is not a policy statement of the National Institutes of Health or the federal government...
- Comment on the AACE/AME medical guidelines for the diagnosis and management of thyroid nodulesYolanda C Oertel
Endocr Pract 13:571; author reply 571-2. 2007
- Black thyroid syndromeYolanda C Oertel
Thyroid 17:905. 2007
- Follicular lesions of the thyroid gland: from hyperplasia to neoplasiaYolanda C Oertel
Endocr Pract 14:251-2. 2008
- Fine needle aspiration in Hodgkin's diseaseYolanda C Oertel
Acta Cytol 46:617. 2002