Timothy J Tschaplinski
Affiliation: Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Enhanced characteristics of genetically modified switchgrass (Panicum virgatum L.) for high biofuel productionHui Shen
Plant Biology Division, Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, 2510 Sam Noble Parkway, Ardmore, OK, 73401, USA
Biotechnol Biofuels 6:71. 2013..We here describe the properties of switchgrass (Panicum virgatum) biomass that has been genetically engineered to increase the cellulosic ethanol yield by more than 2-fold...
- Clostridium thermocellum ATCC27405 transcriptomic, metabolomic and proteomic profiles after ethanol stressShihui Yang
Biosciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1 Bethel Valley Road, Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831, USA
BMC Genomics 13:336. 2012..thermocellum is relatively sensitive to ethanol compared to ethanologenic microorganisms such as yeast and Zymomonas mobilis that are used in industrial fermentations but do not possess native enzymes for industrial cellulose hydrolysis...
- Down-regulation of the caffeic acid O-methyltransferase gene in switchgrass reveals a novel monolignol analogTimothy J Tschaplinski
Biosciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN, 37831 6341, USA
Biotechnol Biofuels 5:71. 2012..abstract:..
- Combined inactivation of the Clostridium cellulolyticum lactate and malate dehydrogenase genes substantially increases ethanol yield from cellulose and switchgrass fermentationsYongchao Li
Biosciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, PO Box 2008, MS 6038, Oak Ridge, TN 37831 6038, USA
Biotechnol Biofuels 5:2. 2012..abstract:..
- Apoplast proteome reveals that extracellular matrix contributes to multistress response in poplarOlga Pechanova
Department of Forestry, Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS 39762, USA
BMC Genomics 11:674. 2010..We have little understanding of mechanisms by which riverine plant species have developed adaptive strategies to cope with stress in dynamic environments while maintaining growth and development...
- Transcriptomic and metabolomic profiling of Zymomonas mobilis during aerobic and anaerobic fermentationsShihui Yang
Biosciences Division and BioEnergy Science Center, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN 37831, USA
BMC Genomics 10:34. 2009..Z. mobilis performs best under anaerobic conditions, but is an aerotolerant organism. However, the genetic and physiological basis of ZM4's response to various stresses is understood poorly...
- Systems biology analysis of Zymomonas mobilis ZM4 ethanol stress responsesShihui Yang
Biosciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e68886. 2013..However, the molecular mechanisms of its ethanol stress response have not been elucidated fully...
- Industrial robustness: understanding the mechanism of tolerance for the Populus hydrolysate-tolerant mutant strain of Clostridium thermocellumJessica L Linville
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee, United States of America BioEnergy Science Center, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e78829. 2013..Microbial processes leading to tolerance of these inhibitory compounds found in the pretreated biomass hydrolysate are likely complex and involve multiple genes...
- Nitrogen and sulfur requirements for Clostridium thermocellum and Caldicellulosiruptor bescii on cellulosic substrates in minimal nutrient mediaDonna M Kridelbaugh
Biosciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN 37831 6038, United States
Bioresour Technol 130:125-35. 2013..Both bacterial populations were maintained in co-cultures with substrates containing cellulose and xylan in defined medium with sulfate and basal vitamin supplements...
- Evaluation of the bioconversion of genetically modified switchgrass using simultaneous saccharification and fermentation and a consolidated bioprocessing approachKelsey L Yee
Biosciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN, 37831 6226, USA
Biotechnol Biofuels 5:81. 2012..abstract:..