Anil K Suresh
Affiliation: Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Silver nanocrystallites: biofabrication using Shewanella oneidensis, and an evaluation of their comparative toxicity on gram-negative and gram-positive bacteriaAnil K Suresh
Biosciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, 37831 6445, USA
Environ Sci Technol 44:5210-5. 2010..subtilis. In contrast, oleate-Ag was not toxic to any of the bacteria. These findings have implications for the potential uses of Ag nanomaterials and for their fate in biological and environmental systems...
- Biofabrication of discrete spherical gold nanoparticles using the metal-reducing bacterium Shewanella oneidensisAnil K Suresh
Biosciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, TN 37831 6445, USA
Acta Biomater 7:2148-52. 2011..oneidensis) and Gram-positive (Bacillus subtilis) bacterial species. Toxicity assessments showed that the particles were neither toxic nor inhibitory to any of these bacteria...
- Monodispersed biocompatible silver sulfide nanoparticles: facile extracellular biosynthesis using the γ-proteobacterium, Shewanella oneidensisAnil K Suresh
Biosciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN 37831, USA
Acta Biomater 7:4253-8. 2011..These particles are dispersible and biocompatible, thus providing excellent potential for use in optical imaging, electronic devices and solar cell applications...
- Relating nanomaterial properties and microbial toxicityAnil K Suresh
Biosciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831, USA
Nanoscale 5:463-74. 2013....
- Effects of engineered cerium oxide nanoparticles on bacterial growth and viabilityDale A Pelletier
Biosciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831 6445, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:7981-9. 2010..Use of multiple analytical approaches adds confidence to toxicity assessments, while the use of different bacterial systems highlights the potential wide-ranging effects of nanomaterial interactions in the environment...
- Cytotoxicity induced by engineered silver nanocrystallites is dependent on surface coatings and cell typesAnil K Suresh
Biosciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, 37831 United States
Langmuir 28:2727-35. 2012..Also, based on our cytotoxicity interpretations, lung epithelial cells were found to be more resistant to the silver nanoparticles than the macrophage cells, regardless of the surface coating...
- Scalable economic extracellular synthesis of CdS nanostructured particles by a non-pathogenic thermophileJi Won Moon
Biosciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory ORNL, Oak Ridge, TN, 37831, USA
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 40:1263-71. 2013..High reproducibility of CdS NP PL features important for scale-up conditions was confirmed from test tubes to 24 L batches at a small fraction of the manufacturing cost associated with conventional inorganic NP production processes...