Affiliation: Nova Southeastern University
- Central corneal thickness measurements obtained with anterior segment spectral domain optical coherence tomography compared to ultrasound pachymetry in healthy subjectsLori Vollmer
Nova Southeastern University, 3200 S University Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328, USA
Optometry 83:167-72. 2012..In addition, by measuring CCT both with traditional US pachymetry as well as spectral domain (SD) OCT technology, we sought to determine if CCT measurement by SD-OCT is an accurate, comparable and viable option;..
- The diagnosis and management of ocular lymphomaLori Vollmer
Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33328, USA
Optom Vis Sci 90:e56-62. 2013..Most of these neoplasms are primary extranodal lymphomas, although 10% to 32% are secondary tumors from disseminated disease...
- Superior segmental optic nerve hypoplasia: The topless disc syndromeJoseph Sowka
Nova Southeastern University, Ft Lauderdale, Florida 33328, USA
Optometry 79:576-80. 2008..Less commonly appreciated, however, is the fact that optic nerve hypoplasia may be sectorial rather than total and involving only the superior aspect of the optic disc with corresponding inferior visual field loss...
- Rapid onset phacolysisJoseph Sowka
Nova Southeastern University, College of Optometry, Ft Lauderdale, Florida 33328, USA
Optometry 75:571-6. 2004..However, the immune-related inflammatory process that develops when the lens proteins begin to leak may be quite rapid. It may be an error to consider this aspect of the phacolytic process to be slow...
- Ocular vascular hamartomas: the relationship with phakomatoses and possible commonalities in pathogenesisDiana Shechtman
Health Professions Division, College of Optometry, Nova Southeastern University College of Optometry, 3200 South University Drive, Ft Lauderdale, FL 33328, USA
Optometry 77:609-21. 2006..Although each of these lesions manifests distinct characteristics, there may be overlapping characteristics and manifestations attributable to a common pathogenesis...
- Proliferative vitreoretinopathy as a late complication of blunt ocular traumaTilena Waters
Nova Southeastern University, College of Optometry, Ft Lauderdale, FL 33322, USA
Optometry 79:197-202. 2008..The nidus for proliferation is unclear; however, once formed, proliferative membranes create traction at the vitreoretinal surface, leading to further complications and ocular morbidity...