Jessica M Valenzuela
Affiliation: Nova Southeastern University
- Prevalence of and disparities in barriers to care experienced by youth with type 1 diabetesJessica M Valenzuela
Center for Psychological Studies, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL Electronic address
J Pediatr 164:1369-75.e1. 2014..To describe the prevalence of access and process barriers to health care and to examine their relationship to sociodemographic and disease factors in a large and diverse cohort of US youth with type 1 diabetes...
- ¡Hazlo bien! A participatory needs assessment and recommendations for health promotion in growing Latino communitiesJessica M Valenzuela
Nova Southeastern University, Center for Psychological Services, 3301 College Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33314, USA
Am J Health Promot 27:339-46. 2013..To investigate the health needs of a rapidly growing Latino community and understand priorities for developing culturally sensitive health promotion strategies...
- Understanding the experiences of youth living with sickle cell disease: a photovoice pilotJessica M Valenzuela
Center for Psychological Studies, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33314, USA
Fam Community Health 36:97-108. 2013..Parents and youth found Photovoice to be valuable for children and adolescents with SCD. Emerging themes included the impact of SCD, the importance of everyday activities and interests, and the importance of family and support...
- The Impact of a Community-Based Activity and Nutrition Program for ChildrenJessica M Valenzuela
a Center for Psychological Studies, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
J Prev Interv Community 39:182-93. 2011..Strengths of the program, implications for obesity prevention, and future directions are also discussed. ..
- Shared decision-making among caregivers and health care providers of youth with type 1 diabetesJessica M Valenzuela
Center for Psychological Studies, Nova Southeastern University, 3301 College Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33314, USA
J Clin Psychol Med Settings 21:234-43. 2014..Future research should examine the role of youth in SDM and how best to identify youth and families with low SDM in order to improve care...