Affiliation: Nova Southeastern University
- Efficacy and safety of insulin glargine compared to other interventions in younger and older adults: a pooled analysis of nine open-label, randomized controlled trials in patients with type 2 diabetesNaushira Pandya
Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Fort Lauderdale, Davie, FL 33328, USA
Drugs Aging 30:429-38. 2013..This study examines the efficacy and safety of insulin glargine compared to other glucose-lowering interventions in younger and older adults...
- Managing diabetes in long-term care facilities: benefits of switching from human insulin to insulin analogsNaushira Pandya
Geriatrics Education Center, Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Ft Lauderdale, FL 33328, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 11:171-8. 2010....
- Eye on diabetes: a multidisciplinary patient education interventionHeidi Wagner
Nova Southeastern University, Health Professions Division, Ft Lauderdale, FL 33314, USA
Diabetes Educ 34:84-9. 2008..The purpose of this study is to compare the efficacy of usual care to an intervention emphasizing patient education targeted at a multicultural adult patient population with diabetes seeking eye care in an academic health center...
- Skin tissue water assessed via tissue dielectric constant measurements in persons with and without diabetes mellitusHarvey N Mayrovitz
College of Medical Sciences, Nova Southeastern University, Ft Lauderdale, Florida 33328, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 15:60-5. 2013....
- Study of anemia in long-term care (SALT): prevalence of anemia and its relationship with the risk of falls in nursing home residentsNaushira Pandya
Department of Geriatrics, Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Ft Lauderdale, FL, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 24:2139-49. 2008..Second, the study explored whether an association between anemia and falls is evident in this same population...
- The prevalence and persistence of sliding scale insulin use among newly admitted elderly nursing home residents with diabetes mellitusNaushira Pandya
Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Ft Lauderdale, FL, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 9:663-9. 2008..To evaluate the initiation and persistence of sliding scale insulin (SSI) therapy in elderly nursing home (NH) residents...