Raymond L Ownby
Affiliation: Nova Southeastern University
- New approaches in the treatment of short term and middle of the night insomnia: emerging evidence for a role for sublingual zolpidem tabletsRaymond L Ownby
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
Nat Sci Sleep 2:63-9. 2010..Current studies of this strategy are promising, and several formulations are in the process of being brought to market...
- Abilities, skills and knowledge in measures of health literacyRaymond L Ownby
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, USA Electronic address
Patient Educ Couns 95:211-7. 2014....
- Negative and positive beliefs related to mood and healthRaymond L Ownby
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
Am J Health Behav 38:586-97. 2014..To observe whether elderly patients' positive and negative beliefs about efforts improving or maintaining health are related to health and mood...
- Subtypes of sleep problems in patients with Alzheimer diseaseRaymond L Ownby
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL Electronic address
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 22:148-56. 2014..The purpose of this study was to evaluate whether subtypes of sleep disturbance could be identified in patients with AD and to assess the relation of these subtypes to patient characteristics and caregiver mood...
- Cost effectiveness of a computer-delivered intervention to improve HIV medication adherenceRaymond L Ownby
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, Room 1477, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 13:29. 2013..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the relation of development and deployment costs to the effectiveness of the intervention...
- Development and validation of a brief computer-administered HIV-Related Health Literacy Scale (HIV-HL)Raymond L Ownby
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328, USA
AIDS Behav 17:710-8. 2013..We also present receiver operating characteristic analyses that provide estimates of various scores' sensitivities and specificities so that the HIV-Related Health Literacy Scale can be used as a screening measure...
- Neuroinflammation and cognitive agingRaymond L Ownby
Nova Southeastern University, 3200 South University Drive, Room 1477, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33314, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 12:39-45. 2010..Interventions that reduce inflammation may improve cognition. Understanding how neuroinflammation affects cognition may provide directions for useful interventions to prevent or treat cognitive decline in older adults...
- Caregiver reports of sleep problems in non-Hispanic white, Hispanic, and African American patients with Alzheimer dementiaRaymond L Ownby
Department of Psychiatry and Public Health, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 6:281-9. 2010..The purpose of this study was to investigate possible ethnic differences in sleep problems among patients with Alzheimer dementia...
- Factors associated with risk for unprotected receptive and insertive anal intercourse in men aged 40 and older who have sex with menRobin J Jacobs
Department of Preventive Medicine, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
AIDS Care 22:1204-11. 2010..1; 95% CI: 1.0, 1.1) were associated with higher risk for UIAI. These results provide useful information that may guide the development of tailored prevention interventions to reduce the growing rates of HIV among MSM aged 40 and older...
- Condom use, disclosure, and risk for unprotected sex in HIV-negative midlife and older men who have sex with menRobin J Jacobs
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, College of Osteopathic Medicine, Nova Southeastern University, 4th Floor Terry Building, 3200 S University Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL33314, USA
Am J Mens Health 7:186-97. 2013..Programs may be more effective if they are tailored for older cohorts of MSM and address interpersonal communication, erection problems, and substance use to reduce health risks and promote healthier lifestyles...
- Cardiac anxiety in people with and without coronary atherosclerosisCraig D Marker
Department of Psychology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia
Depress Anxiety 25:824-31. 2008....
- Health literacy: impact on the health of HIV-infected individualsAndrew J Wawrzyniak
School of Nursing and Health Studies, University of Miami, 5030 Brunson Drive, Coral Gables, FL, 33146, USA
Curr HIV/AIDS Rep 10:295-304. 2013....
- Gender differences in medication management capacity in HIV infection: the role of health literacy and numeracyDrenna Waldrop-Valverde
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, P O Box 016960 M817, Miami, FL, 33101, USA
AIDS Behav 13:46-52. 2009..These findings highlight skills used in managing medication regimens and suggest avenues to target for identification and intervention in medication management among women and men with HIV...
- Patterns of depression in Spanish- and English-speaking patients with Alzheimer's diseaseRaymond L Ownby
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol 21:47-55. 2008..Results show that for some patients with Alzheimer's disease, patterns of symptoms of depression are similar to those in younger adult populations. A distinct subtype may exist, however, with prominent anxiety and irritability...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha levels in HIV-1 seropositive injecting drug usersRaymond L Ownby
Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316, USA
J Neuroimmune Pharmacol 4:350-8. 2009..These findings show that the effects of HIV infection and intravenous drug use may be additive in increasing TNF-alpha levels. Given the multiple effects of TNF-alpha in HIV infection, additional investigation of its role is needed...
- Medication adherence and cognition. Medical, personal and economic factors influence level of adherence in older adultsRaymond L Ownby
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Geriatrics 61:30-5. 2006
- Development and Validation of a Computer-Administered Health Literacy MeasureRaymond L Ownby; Fiscal Year: 2010..The application to be developed in this application will address this problem by creating a computer-administered measure of health literacy that is useful across age and language groups and is cost-effective to use. ..