Jay M Fleisher
Affiliation: Nova Southeastern University
- Risk perception bias, self-reporting of illness, and the validity of reported results in an epidemiologic study of recreational water associated illnessesJay M Fleisher
Nova Southeastern University, College of Osteopathic Medicine, Masters of Public Health Program, 3200 South University Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328, USA
Mar Pollut Bull 52:264-8. 2006....
- Relationship between physician supply and breast cancer survival: a geographic approachJay M Fleisher
Nova Southeastern University, College of Osteopathic Medicine, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328, USA
J Community Health 33:179-82. 2008..This association shows as physician density consistently dropped in a defined geographic area so did time of survival among women with breast cancer...
- The BEACHES Study: health effects and exposures from non-point source microbial contaminants in subtropical recreational marine watersJay M Fleisher
Nova Southeastern University COM MPH, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328, USA
Int J Epidemiol 39:1291-8. 2010....
- Survey of tobacco control among Florida dentistsClaudia T Succar
Department of Orthodontics, College of Dental Medicine, Nova Southeastern University, 3200 South University Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328, USA
J Community Health 36:211-8. 2011..Sixty-six percent of the dentists surveyed were willing to receive specific training, with 50% preferring an online course and 42% preferring a continued education course...
- Derivation of numerical values for the World Health Organization guidelines for recreational watersDavid Kay
Centre for Research into Environment and Health, Institute of Rural Studies, University of Wales, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion SY23 3DB, UK
Water Res 38:1296-304. 2004..This paper explains the scientific rationale and mathematical basis of the new approach, which is not presented in the WHO Guidelines for recreational waters...
- Reply to comments on "Derivation of numerical values for the World Health Organization guidelines for recreational waters"David Kay
River Basin Dynamics and Hydrology Research Group, IGES, University of Wales, Aberystwyth, SY23 3DB, UK
Water Res 40:1921-5. 2006..2005. Comment on derivation of numerical values for the World Health Organization guidelines for recreational waters. Water Research 39, 2774-2777]...
- Prevalence and distribution of fecal indicator organisms in South Florida beach sand and preliminary assessment of health effects associated with beach sand exposureTonya D Bonilla
Oceanographic Center of Nova Southeastern University, Dania Beach, FL 33004, USA
Mar Pollut Bull 54:1472-82. 2007..Logistic regression analysis results provided preliminary evidence that time spent in the wet sand and time spent in the water were associated with a dose-dependent increase in gastrointestinal illness...