PHYLLIS C contact ZEE
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Circadian phase-shifting effects of nocturnal exercise in older compared with young adultsErin K Baehr
Department of Psychology, Northwestern University, Evanston 60208, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 284:R1542-50. 2003..Therefore, exercise may potentially be a useful treatment to help adjust circadian rhythms in older and young adults...
- Sleep promoting role of melatonin receptor agonistsPhyllis C Zee
Sleep 28:300-1. 2005
- Circadian rhythm sleep disordersBrandon S Lu
Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 710 North Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Chest 130:1915-23. 2006..Rapid advances in our understanding of the physiologic, cellular, and molecular basis of circadian rhythm and sleep regulation will likely lead to improved diagnostic tools and treatments for CRSD...
- Timing and intensity of light correlate with body weight in adultsKathryn J Reid
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e92251. 2014..002, r2Δ = 0.20). The full model accounted for 34.7% of the variance in BMI (p = 0.01). Exposure to moderate levels of light at biologically appropriate times can influence weight, independent of sleep timing and duration. ..
- Circadian rhythm abnormalitiesPhyllis C Zee
Northwestern University, 710 North Lake Shore Dr, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Continuum (Minneap Minn) 19:132-47. 2013..This article reviews the recent advances in understanding of the fundamental properties of circadian rhythms and discusses the clinical features, diagnosis, and treatment of circadian rhythm sleep disorders (CRSDs)...
- Effects of ramelteon on insomnia symptoms induced by rapid, eastward travelPhyllis C Zee
Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Sleep Med 11:525-33. 2010..Ramelteon, an MT(1)/MT(2) melatonin receptor agonist, was evaluated for its ability to reduce sleep-onset difficulties associated with eastward jet travel...
- Does effective management of sleep disorders reduce cancer-related fatigue?Phyllis C Zee
Northwestern University s Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Drugs 69:29-41. 2009..In particular, pharmacotherapies for insomnia, singly or in combination with CBT-I, should be evaluated in multicentre randomized clinical trials to examine their efficacy in improving sleep quality and reducing associated CRF...
- Melatonin receptors. An overview for physiciansPhyllis C Zee
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Postgrad Med 116:10-3. 2004..Elucidating information about receptor function may provide clues for new drugs that may act on specific receptors to aid patients with sleep disorders...
- The brain's master circadian clock: implications and opportunities for therapy of sleep disordersPhyllis C Zee
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University School of Medicine, 710 N Lake Shore Dr, 11th Floor, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Sleep Med Rev 11:59-70. 2007..Regulation of the sleep-wake cycle by the SCN has important implications for development of therapies for sleep disorders, including those involving desynchronization of circadian rhythms and insomnia...
- Circadian rhythm sleep disordersKathryn J Reid
Center for Sleep and Circadian Biology, Northwestern University, 2205 Tech Drive, Hogan Hall 2 160, Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Med Clin North Am 88:631-51, viii. 2004
- Morning or evening activity improves neuropsychological performance and subjective sleep quality in older adultsSusan Benloucif
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Sleep 27:1542-51. 2004....
- Circadian rhythm disordersKathryn J Reid
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Semin Neurol 29:393-405. 2009..The rapid advances in our understanding of the molecular, cellular, and physiologic basis of circadian regulation and the pathophysiology of these disorders will lead to more targeted and effective treatments...
- Self-reported short sleep duration and frequent snoring in pregnancy: impact on glucose metabolismFrancesca L Facco
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 203:142.e1-5. 2010..We sought to evaluate the impact of short sleep duration (SSD) and frequent snoring (FS) on glucose metabolism during pregnancy...
- Sleep disturbances in pregnancyFrancesca L Facco
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Department of Neurology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Obstet Gynecol 115:77-83. 2010..To estimate the prevalence and patterns of sleep disturbances during pregnancy among healthy nulliparous women...
- Nimodipine potentiates light-induced phase shifts of circadian activity rhythms but not c-fos expression in the suprachiasmatic nucleus of miceSusan Benloucif
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Biological Chemistry, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Brain Res 966:157-61. 2003..01), but not in the suprachiasmatic nuclei (SCN). These results suggest that nimodipine may affect phase shifts of circadian activity rhythms through a mechanism independent of c-fos expression in the SCN...
- Phase-dependent treatment of delayed sleep phase syndrome with melatoninKavita Mundey
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Evanston, IL, USA
Sleep 28:1271-8. 2005..However, little is known about the most effective dose or time of administration. In the present study, we tested the effectiveness of melatonin to advance the timing of sleep and circadian phase in individuals with DSPS...
- The impact of school daily schedule on adolescent sleepMartha Hansen
Science Department, Evanston Township High School, Evanston, Illinois, USA
Pediatrics 115:1555-61. 2005....
- Factors influencing cognitive function, sleep, and quality of life in individuals with systemic lupus erythematosus: a review of the literatureJerry J Sweet
Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL, USA
Clin Neuropsychol 18:132-47. 2004..Future research may profit from investigating relationships between cognitive impairment, sleep disturbance and fatigue and their collective impact on functional capacity and quality of life...
- Circadian rhythm sleep disorders and phototherapyChristopher D Fahey
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Abbott Hall, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Psychiatr Clin North Am 29:989-1007; abstract ix. 2006..Additionally discussed are the therapeutic roles of synchronizing agents, such as light and melatonin...
- Short sleep duration and adiposity in Chinese adolescentsYunxian Yu
The Mary Ann and J Milburn Smith Child Health Research Program, Children s Memorial Hospital and Children s Memorial Research Center, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60614 3394, USA
Sleep 30:1688-97. 2007..To investigate the relationship between sleep duration and adiposity measurements in rural Chinese adolescents...
- A clinical approach to circadian rhythm sleep disordersAna Barion
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Sleep Med 8:566-77. 2007..However, it should be noted that the use of melatonin is not an FDA-approved indication for the treatment of circadian rhythm sleep disorders...
- Circadian rhythm disordersKathryn J Reid
Center for Sleep and Circadian Biology, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, USA
Semin Neurol 24:315-25. 2004..These treatments are limited by the availability of adequate diagnostic tools and well-controlled clinical trials. A better understanding of the pathophysiology of these disorders is required to develop more effective treatments...
- Sleep patterns among rural Chinese twin adolescentsFengxiu Ouyang
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Sleep Med 10:479-89. 2009..To examine sleep patterns and influencing factors (age, gender, Tanner Stage, weekday vs. weekend, and pre-sleep activity) among rural Chinese adolescents...
- Sleep: a marker of physical and mental health in the elderlyKathryn J Reid
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 14:860-6. 2006..The objective of this study was to determine the occurrence and recognition of common sleep-related problems and their relationship to health-related quality-of-life measures in the elderly...
- Neurobiology of circadian rhythm sleep disordersPrasanth Manthena
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University School of Medicine, 710 North Lake Shore Drive, 11th Floor, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 6:163-8. 2006..With the recent advances in the molecular biology that underlies the development and maintenance of these rhythms, the pathophysiology behind circadian rhythm sleep disorders is becoming better understood...
- Cystic fibrosis patients have poor sleep quality despite normal sleep latency and efficiencyLarry Jankelowitz
Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Chest 127:1593-9. 2005....
- EEG measures index neural and cognitive recovery from sleep deprivationBryce A Mander
Northwestern University Interdepartmental Neuroscience Program, and Department of Neurology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Neurosci 30:2686-93. 2010..We thus propose that slow waves, reflected in delta power during RS, act to restore brain function, thereby improving cognitive performance that entails response inhibition...
- The pipeline of investigators for sleep research--a crisis!Allan I Pack
Sleep 29:1260-1. 2006
- Sleep and health: Everywhere and in both directionsPhyllis C Zee
Arch Intern Med 166:1686-8. 2006
- Melantonin for the treatment of advanced sleep phase disorderPhyllis C Zee
Sleep 31:923; author reply 925. 2008
- Circadian rhythms and sleep in familial DSPS and ASPSPhyllis Zee; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..