Elizabeth L Wiley
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Effect of time interval on residual disease in breast cancerElizabeth L Wiley
Lynn Sage Breast Cancer Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Department of Pathology, Northwestern University School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 27:194-8. 2003..0043); this decrease was not found associated with ductal carcinoma in situ. These findings suggest that the host response to injury may destroy residual infiltrating carcinoma cells in some margin-positive cases...
- AlphaB-crystallin: a novel marker of invasive basal-like and metaplastic breast carcinomasStephanie M Sitterding
Department of Pathology, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 12:33-40. 2008....
- alphaB-crystallin is a novel predictor of resistance to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancerOlga Ivanov
Department of Surgery, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, 60611, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 111:411-7. 2008..We examined whether alphaB-crystallin expression in breast cancer was associated with a poor response to neoadjuvant (preoperative) chemotherapy...
- Predictors of residual disease in repeat excisions for lumpectomies with margins less than 0.1 cmNorma Rodriguez
Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 6:169-72. 2005....
- A 59-year-old woman with a spindle cell lesion of the breast. Low-grade (fibromatosis-like) spindle cell carcinoma of the breastKristian T Schafernak
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 130:e81-3. 2006
- Ductal lavage findings in women with mammographic microcalcifications undergoing biopsySeema A Khan
Lynn Sage Comprehensive Breast Center, Feinberg School of Medicine of Northwestern University, 675 North St Clair Street, Galter 13 174, Chicago, Illinois, 60614, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 12:689-96. 2005..We designed a prospective study to assess the likelihood that early lesions presenting as mammographic calcifications could be accessed for cytological diagnosis by ductal lavage (DL)...
- Normal breast lobular architecture in breast biopsy samples from breast cancer cases and benign disease controlsRathi Ramakrishnan
Department of Surgery, The Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 86:259-68. 2004....
- Gene expression patterns in the human breast after pregnancySzilard Asztalos
Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago, 833 South Wood Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 3:301-11. 2010..These initial data, among the first on gene expression in samples of normal human breast, provide intriguing clues about the mechanisms behind the time-dependent effects of pregnancy on breast cancer risk...
- The use of TMA for interlaboratory validation of FISH testing for detection of HER2 gene amplification in breast cancerLeslie K Diaz
Department of Pathology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 52:501-7. 2004..Good concordance was observed between HER2 IHC and in situ hybridization testing. TMA is a robust and effective method for the technical validation of HER2 FISH testing and should be considered for use by quality assessment programs...
- Lysyl oxidase regulates breast cancer cell migration and adhesion through a hydrogen peroxide-mediated mechanismStacey L Payne
Children s Memorial Research Center, Cancer Biology and Epigenomics Program, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Cancer Res 65:11429-36. 2005..These data show the need to target LOX for treatment of aggressive breast cancer...
- Changes in breast cancer therapy because of pathology second opinionsValerie L Staradub
Department of Surgery, Northwestern University School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 9:982-7. 2002..The purpose of this study was to determine how often the pathologic second opinion (1) altered the diagnosis and (2) resulted in a change in the surgical procedure...
- Cutaneous presentation of plasmablastic post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorder in a 14-month-oldClaudia Hernandez
Department of Dermatology MC 624, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Pediatr Dermatol 26:713-6. 2009..Rare mature B cells (CD20) and rare T cells (CD3) were noted. She was diagnosed with high-grade post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorder most consistent with plasmablastic lymphoma...
- High-quality HER-2 testing: setting a standard for oncologic biomarker assessmentElizabeth L Wiley
JAMA 291:2019-20. 2004
- Breast cancer screening and diagnosisTherese B Bevers
University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 4:480-508. 2006
- Potential use of loss of heterozygosity in pleural effusions of breast cancer metastases using the microsatellite marker of the 16q22.1 region of the CDH1 geneNara de Matos Granja
Institute of Pathology and Molecular Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Porto, Portugal
Anal Quant Cytol Histol 27:61-6. 2005..To evaluate the presence of allelic loss in 16q22.1, including the locus of E-cadherin, in pleural effusions in breast cancer patients...
- Ductal lavage findings in women with known breast cancer undergoing mastectomySeema A Khan
Department of Surgery, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago IL, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:1510-7. 2004..To assess the utility of ductal lavage as a cancer diagnostic test, we investigated the association between ductal lavage cytologic findings and histologic findings in women with known breast cancer undergoing mastectomy...
- Array-based multiplex analysis of DNA methylation in breast cancer tissuesAnatoliy A Melnikov
Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago Illinois, USA
J Mol Diagn 10:93-101. 2008..These results indicate that informative cancer-specific methylation signatures can be detected in heterogeneous tissue specimens, suggesting that a diagnostic assay can then be developed...
- COX-2 and PPARgamma expression are potential markers of recurrence risk in mammary duct carcinoma in-situSwati Kulkarni
Lynn Sage Breast Center and Feinberg School of Medicine of Northwestern University, Chicago USA
BMC Cancer 8:36. 2008..We performed a case-control study to identify protein markers of local recurrence risk in DCIS...