Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Volume of left Heschl's Gyrus and linguistic pitch learningPatrick C M Wong
The Roxelyn and Richard Pepper Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Cereb Cortex 18:828-36. 2008..These results also suggest that primary auditory regions may be important for encoding basic acoustic cues during the course of spoken language learning...
- Influence of tonal context and timbral variation on perception of pitchCatherine M Warrier
McGill University and Montreal Neurological Institute, Quebec, Canada
Percept Psychophys 64:198-207. 2002....
- Learning impaired children exhibit timing deficits and training-related improvements in auditory cortical responses to speech in noiseCatherine M Warrier
Auditory Neuroscience Laboratory, Northwestern University, Frances Searle Building, 2240 Campus Drive, Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Exp Brain Res 157:431-41. 2004..Consequently, auditory pathway timing deficits can be objectively observed in LP children, and auditory training can diminish these deficits...
- Right temporal cortex is critical for utilization of melodic contextual cues in a pitch constancy taskCatherine M Warrier
Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill Univesity, Canada
Brain 127:1616-25. 2004....
- Relating structure to function: Heschl's gyrus and acoustic processingCatherine Warrier
Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208, USA
J Neurosci 29:61-9. 2009..This finding is discussed in relation to known microanatomical asymmetries of HG, including increased myelination of its fibers, and implications for language learning are considered...
- Inferior colliculus contributions to phase encoding of stop consonants in an animal modelCatherine M Warrier
Auditory Neuroscience Laboratory, Roxelyn and Richard Pepper Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, Northwestern University, Frances Searle Builiding, 2240 Campus Drive, Evanston, IL 60208 3550, USA
Hear Res 282:108-18. 2011..Furthermore, results suggest that temporal encoding in ICc contributes to temporal features measured in speech-evoked scalp-recorded responses...
- Deficits in auditory brainstem pathway encoding of speech sounds in children with learning problemsCynthia King
Communication Sciences, 2299 North Campus Drive, Frances Searle Building, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Neurosci Lett 319:111-5. 2002..Preliminary findings indicate that training may be beneficial to LP subjects with brainstem processing delays...
- Neural plasticity following auditory training in children with learning problemsErin A Hayes
Northwestern University, 2299 N Campus Drive, Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Clin Neurophysiol 114:673-84. 2003..This study examined the plasticity of the central auditory pathway and accompanying cognitive changes in children with learning problems...
- Auditory lateralization in learning-disabled childrenCatherine Warrier; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..