Tatyana M Svitkina
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Mechanism of filopodia initiation by reorganization of a dendritic networkTatyana M Svitkina
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Cell Biol 160:409-21. 2003....
- Ena/VASP proteins have an anti-capping independent function in filopodia formationDerek A Applewhite
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Mol Biol Cell 18:2579-91. 2007..Furthermore, the EVH1 domain, together with the GAB motif in the EVH2 domain, helps to maintain Ena/VASP at the growing barbed ends...
- Lamellipodial versus filopodial mode of the actin nanomachinery: pivotal role of the filament barbed endMarisan R Mejillano
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 303 E Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Cell 118:363-73. 2004....
- Visualization of the intracellular behavior of HIV in living cellsDavid McDonald
Dept of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Illinois, 835 South Wolcott Avenue, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Cell Biol 159:441-52. 2002..Based on these observations, we propose that HIV uses dynein and the microtubule network to facilitate the delivery of the viral genome to the nucleus of the cell during early postentry steps of the HIV life cycle...
- Antagonism between Ena/VASP proteins and actin filament capping regulates fibroblast motilityJames E Bear
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Department of Biology, Cambridge 02139, USA
Cell 109:509-21. 2002..We conclude that Ena/VASP regulates cell motility by controlling the geometry of actin filament networks within lamellipodia...
- Orientational order of the lamellipodial actin network as demonstrated in living motile cellsAlexander B Verkhovsky
Laboratory of Cell Biophysics and Biomechanics, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Mol Biol Cell 14:4667-75. 2003..We infer that the light microscopic meshwork reflects the orientational order of actin filaments which, in turn, is related to their branching angle...
- Critical role of Ena/VASP proteins for filopodia formation in neurons and in function downstream of netrin-1Cecile Lebrand
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Neuron 42:37-49. 2004..We propose that Ena/VASP proteins control filopodial dynamics in neurons by remodeling the actin network in response to guidance cues...
- A Rickettsia WASP-like protein activates the Arp2/3 complex and mediates actin-based motilityRobert L Jeng
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720, USA
Cell Microbiol 6:761-9. 2004..We propose that additional Rickettsia or host factors reorganize the Y-branched networks into parallel arrays in a manner similar to a recently proposed model of filopodia formation...
- Mammalian CARMIL inhibits actin filament capping by capping proteinChangsong Yang
Biology Department, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Cell 9:209-21. 2005..This phenotype is reversed by full-length mCARMIL but not mCARMIL lacking the domain that binds CP. Thus, mCARMIL is a key regulator of CP and has profound effects on cell behavior...