Valerie L Staradub
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Factors that influence surgical choices in women with breast carcinomaValerie L Staradub
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Cancer 95:1185-90. 2002..The authors studied demographic factors to identify the variables that differed significantly among women making different surgical choices...
- Changes in breast cancer therapy because of pathology second opinionsValerie L Staradub
Department of Surgery, Northwestern University School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 9:982-7. 2002..The purpose of this study was to determine how often the pathologic second opinion (1) altered the diagnosis and (2) resulted in a change in the surgical procedure...
- Ductal lavage findings in women with known breast cancer undergoing mastectomySeema A Khan
Department of Surgery, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago IL, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:1510-7. 2004..To assess the utility of ductal lavage as a cancer diagnostic test, we investigated the association between ductal lavage cytologic findings and histologic findings in women with known breast cancer undergoing mastectomy...
- A comparison of ductoscopy-guided and conventional surgical excision in women with spontaneous nipple dischargeRobyn M Moncrief
Department of Surgery, Feinberg School of Medicine and Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Ann Surg 241:575-81. 2005..A prospective study is required to obtain an unbiased assessment of these possible advantages...
- Tamoxifen use in patients with ductal carcinoma in situ and T1a/b N0 invasive carcinomaFaina Nakhlis
Department of Surgery, Lynn Sage Breast Program, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
J Am Coll Surg 201:688-94. 2005..02) and accepting tamoxifen (p = 0.002) on univariate analysis. CONCLUSIONS: Factors associated with tamoxifen risks and benefits correlate poorly with the use of the drug...
- Factors influencing outcomes for breast conservation therapy of mammographically detected malignanciesValerie L Staradub
Lynn Sage Breast Center, Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, Northwestern University Medical School, 201 E. Huron Street, Galter 10-105, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Am Coll Surg 196:518-24. 2003..In addition, surgeons with higher caseloads were better able to perform needle localization lumpectomy to negative margins while limiting the volume of normal breast tissue excised...
- Ductal lavage and ductoscopy: the opportunities and the limitationsSeema A Khan
The Lynn Sage Breast Center and the Department of Surgery, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 3:185-91; discussion 192-5. 2002..In this review of the rationale and early results of these procedures, we attempt to define some of these evidentiary requirements...