Dana A Small
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Changes in taste intensity perception following anterior temporal lobe removal in humansD M Small
Neuropsychology Unit, Montreal Neurological Institute and McGill University, 3801 University Street, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 2B4 Canada
Chem Senses 26:425-32. 2001....
- Increased intensity perception of aversive taste following right anteromedial temporal lobe removal in humansD M Small
Northwestern Brain Mapping Group, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Brain 124:1566-75. 2001..This finding complements existing literature indicating that the AMTL is important for processing aversive taste, and suggests that inhibitory mechanisms may play an important role in such processing...
- Changes in brain activity related to eating chocolate: from pleasure to aversionD M Small
Neuropsychology Cognitive Neuroscience Unit, and Northwestern Cognitive Brain Mapping Group, Northwestern University School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Brain 124:1720-33. 2001..Therefore, these results support the hypothesis that there are two separate motivational systems: one orchestrating approach and another avoidance behaviours...
- Dissociation of neural representation of intensity and affective valuation in human gustationDana M Small
Cognitive Neurology and Alzheimer s Disease Center, Northwestern University Feinberg Medical School, 320 East Superior Street, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Neuron 39:701-11. 2003..They also show that amygdala activity may be driven by stimulus intensity irrespective of valence, casting doubt upon the notion that the amygdala responds preferentially to negative stimuli...
- Crossmodal integration--insights from the chemical sensesDana A Small
Cognitive Neurology and Alzheimer s Disease Center, Institute of Neuroscience, Departmentof Neurology, Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Trends Neurosci 27:120-3; discussion 123-4. 2004....