Sanjiv J Shah
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Dixon D, Trivedi A, Shah S. Combined post- and pre-capillary pulmonary hypertension in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction. Heart Fail Rev. 2016;21:285-97 pubmed publisher..CpcPH-HFpEF is a distinct subset within HFpEF and one that may respond to targeted therapeutics. ..
- Raphael R, Purushotham D, Gastonguay C, Chesnik M, Kwok W, Wu H, et al. Combining patient proteomics and in vitro cardiomyocyte phenotype testing to identify potential mediators of heart failure with preserved ejection fraction. J Transl Med. 2016;14:18 pubmed publisher..S100A8 has been linked with other cardiovascular disease such as atherosclerosis and risk for myocardial infarction, stroke, or death. This is the first report on association of S100A8 with HFpEF. ..
- Freed B, Daruwalla V, Cheng J, Aguilar F, Beussink L, Choi A, et al. Prognostic Utility and Clinical Significance of Cardiac Mechanics in Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction: Importance of Left Atrial Strain. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2016;9: pubmed publisher..Unloading the LA and augmentation of LA function may be important future therapeutic targets in HFpEF. URL: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT01030991. ..
- Shah S, Blair J, Filippatos G, Macarie C, Ruzyllo W, Korewicki J, et al. Effects of istaroxime on diastolic stiffness in acute heart failure syndromes: results from the Hemodynamic, Echocardiographic, and Neurohormonal Effects of Istaroxime, a Novel Intravenous Inotropic and Lusitropic Agent: a Randomized Controlled Trial. Am Heart J. 2009;157:1035-41 pubmed publisher..047), after controlling for age, sex, baseline ejection fraction, change in PCWP, and change in SBP. Istaroxime decreases PCWP, increases SBP, and decreases diastolic stiffness in patients with acute heart failure syndrome. ..
- Shah S, Cogswell R, Ryan J, Sharma K. How to Develop and Implement a Specialized Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction Clinical Program. Curr Cardiol Rep. 2016;18:122 pubmed..It is our hope that the information provided here will encourage others to establish their own specialized HFpEF programs, thereby allowing for comprehensive care for these complex patients. ..
- Selvaraj S, Martinez E, Aguilar F, Kim K, Peng J, Sha J, et al. Association of Central Adiposity With Adverse Cardiac Mechanics: Findings From the Hypertension Genetic Epidemiology Network Study. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2016;9: pubmed publisher..There were no significant statistical interactions between WHR and obesity status. In this cross-sectional study of participants with multiple comorbidities, central obesity was found to be associated with adverse cardiac mechanics. ..
- Freed B, Collins J, FranÃ§ois C, Barker A, Cuttica M, Chesler N, et al. MR and CT Imaging for the Evaluation ofÂ Pulmonary Hypertension. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2016;9:715-32 pubmed publisher..Here we discuss the role of magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography in the diagnosis and management of PH, including current uses and novel research applications, and we discuss the role of value-based imaging in PH. ..
- Shah S, Heitner J, Sweitzer N, Anand I, Kim H, Harty B, et al. Baseline characteristics of patients in the treatment of preserved cardiac function heart failure with an aldosterone antagonist trial. Circ Heart Fail. 2013;6:184-92 pubmed publisher..URL: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. UNIQUE IDENTIFIER: NCT00094302. ..
- Subramanya V, Zhao D, Ouyang P, Lima J, Vaidya D, Ndumele C, et al. Sex hormone levels and change in left ventricular structure among men and post-menopausal women: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA). Maturitas. 2018;108:37-44 pubmed publisher..A more androgenic profile (higher free testosterone and lower SHBG levels) is associated with a greater increase in LVM in men and women and greater increase in M:V ratio in women over the course of 9 years. ..
- Shah S. Innovative Clinical Trial Designs for Precision Medicine in Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction. J Cardiovasc Transl Res. 2017;10:322-336 pubmed publisher..Our hope is that the description of the aforementioned innovative trial designs will stimulate new approaches to clinical trials in HFpEF. ..
- Polsinelli V, Sinha A, Shah S. Visceral Congestion in Heart Failure: Right Ventricular Dysfunction, Splanchnic Hemodynamics, and the Intestinal Microenvironment. Curr Heart Fail Rep. 2017;14:519-528 pubmed publisher..Modulation of the pathways interconnecting the right heart, visceral congestion, and the intestinal microenvironment could be a novel avenue of intervention for right-sided HF. ..
- Feldman T, Mauri L, Kahwash R, Litwin S, Ricciardi M, van der Harst P, et al. Transcatheter Interatrial Shunt Device for the Treatment of Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction (REDUCE LAP-HF I [Reduce Elevated Left Atrial Pressure in Patients With Heart Failure]): A Phase 2, Randomized, Sham-Controlled Trial. Circulation. 2018;137:364-375 pubmed publisher..Whether this mechanistic effect will translate into sustained improvements in symptoms and outcomes requires further evaluation. URL: https://clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT02600234. ..
- Katz D, Deo R, Aguilar F, Selvaraj S, Martinez E, Beussink Nelson L, et al. Phenomapping for the Identification of Hypertensive Patients with the Myocardial Substrate for Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction. J Cardiovasc Transl Res. 2017;10:275-284 pubmed publisher..1 vs. 14.6 Â± 3.5%] even after adjustment for traditional comorbidities [pâ€‰<â€‰0.001]). The 2 hypertension phenogroups may represent distinct subtypes that may benefit from targeted therapies for the prevention of HFpEF. ..
- Marangoni R, Korman B, Allanore Y, Dieude P, Armstrong L, Rzhetskaya M, et al. A candidate gene study reveals association between a variant of the Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor Gamma (PPAR-Î³) gene and systemic sclerosis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2015;17:128 pubmed publisher..002; odds ratio=2.33 per C allele, 95% confidence interval 1.34-4.03). A PPARG variant is associated with susceptibility to SSc, consistent with a role of PPAR-Î³ in the pathogenesis of SSc. ..