Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Self-care and Subjectivity among Mexican Diabetes Patients in the United StatesRebecca Seligman
Department of Anthropology and Institute for Policy Research, Northwestern University
Med Anthropol Q 29:61-79. 2015....
- Dissociative experience and cultural neuroscience: narrative, metaphor and mechanismRebecca Seligman
Department of Anthropology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA
Cult Med Psychiatry 32:31-64. 2008..This integrative model, grounded in a cultural neuroscience, can advance ethnographic studies of dissociation and inform clinical approaches to dissociation through careful consideration of the impact of social context...
- Theory and method at the intersection of anthropology and cultural neuroscienceRebecca Seligman
Department of Anthropology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 5:130-7. 2010..We illustrate the potential of such an approach with data from a study of psychophysiology and religious devotion in Northeastern Brazil...
- From affliction to affirmation: narrative transformation and the therapeutics of Candomblé mediumshipRebecca Seligman
Division of Social and Transcultural Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Transcult Psychiatry 42:272-94. 2005..This article also demonstrates how the social articulation and cognitive internalization of this new self-narrative act therapeutically, to foster a positive transformation in self-understanding that facilitates positive behavior...
- Shopping for explanationsElizabeth M Brumfiel
Science 318:745. 2007