Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Obese and diabetic db/db mice develop marked liver fibrosis in a model of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis: role of short-form leptin receptors and osteopontinAtul Sahai
Department of Pediatrics, The Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Children s Memorial Institute for Education and Research, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 287:G1035-43. 2004..In conclusion, our results demonstrate the development of an obese/diabetic experimental model for NASH in db/db mice and suggest an important role for Ob-Ra and OPN in the pathogenesis of NASH...
- Roles of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and osteopontin in steatosis and aminotransferase release by hepatocytes treated with methionine-choline-deficient mediumAtul Sahai
Department of Pediatrics, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and Children s Memorial Research Center, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 291:G55-62. 2006..PI3-kinase plays a central role in signaling the MCD medium-induced steatosis and increased OPN expression, whereas OPN appears to play a role in signaling hepatocyte ALT release but not steatosis...
- Upregulation of osteopontin expression is involved in the development of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis in a dietary murine modelAtul Sahai
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Memorial Institute for Education and Research, Northwestern University, 2300 Children s Plaza, Box 212, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 287:G264-73. 2004..In conclusion, our results demonstrate an upregulation of OPN expression early in the development of steatohepatitis and suggest an important role for OPN in signaling the onset of liver injury and fibrosis in experimental NASH...
- Pentoxifylline attenuates steatohepatitis induced by the methionine choline deficient dietSean W P Koppe
Department of Medicine, Division of Hepatology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Hepatol 41:592-8. 2004..The aim of our study is to determine if PTX attenuates MCD diet induced steatohepatitis and determine the mechanism of this effect...
- Expression of osteopontin correlates with portal biliary proliferation and fibrosis in biliary atresiaPeter F Whitington
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Memorial Research Center, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Pediatr Res 57:837-44. 2005..These findings suggest a role for OPN in the pathogenesis of biliary atresia...
- Na+/H+ exchange activity and NHE-3 expression in renal tubules from the spontaneously hypertensive ratMichael S LaPointe
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Searle 10 475, 303 E Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Kidney Int 62:157-65. 2002..Studies have reported that apical NHE-3 translocates to internal pools, thereby facilitating natriuresis when blood pressure increases abruptly...
- Hypoxia and high glucose upregulate AT1 receptor expression and potentiate ANG II-induced proliferation in VSM cellsChhinder P Sodhi
Department of Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 284:H846-52. 2003..These results demonstrate an upregulation of AT(1) receptor expression by hypoxia and HG in cultured VSM cells and suggest a mechanism for enhanced ANG II-induced VSM cell proliferation and the development of atherosclerosis in diabetes...