J N Rutherford
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Placental efficiency and intrauterine resource allocation strategies in the common marmoset pregnancyJulienne N Rutherford
Institute for Policy Research and the Department of Anthropology, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208, USA
Am J Phys Anthropol 137:60-8. 2008..Placental adaptations that solicit potential increases of maternal investment may occur at the microscopic or metabolic level, and thus may not be reflected in the size of the placenta as a whole...
- Developmental plasticity of the microscopic placental architecture in relation to litter size variation in the common marmoset monkey (Callithrix jacchus)J N Rutherford
Institute for Policy Research, Laboratory for Human Biology Research, Department of Anthropology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208 4100, USA
Placenta 30:105-10. 2009....
- Fetal signaling through placental structure and endocrine function: illustrations and implications from a nonhuman primate modelJulienne N Rutherford
Department of Anthropology, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208, USA
Am J Hum Biol 21:745-53. 2009....
- Adiposity and pathogen exposure predict C-reactive protein in Filipino womenThomas W McDade
Department of Anthropology, The Center on Social Disparities and Health at the Institute for Policy Research, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208, USA
J Nutr 138:2442-7. 2008..These results underscore the need for additional research on the contributions of pathogenicity, adiposity, and inflammation to global epidemics of cardiovascular and metabolic diseases...
- Population differences in associations between C-reactive protein concentration and adiposity: comparison of young adults in the Philippines and the United StatesThomas W McDade
Department of Anthropology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 89:1237-45. 2009....