Elisa Y Rhew
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Association analysis of PON2 genetic variants with serum paraoxonase activity and systemic lupus erythematosusSudeshna Dasgupta
Department of Human Genetics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
BMC Med Genet 12:7. 2011....
- Premature atherosclerotic disease in systemic lupus erythematosus--role of inflammatory mechanismsElisa Y Rhew
Division of Rheumatology Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, 240 E Huron St Suite M300 Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Autoimmun Rev 5:101-5. 2006..In this article, we present a case of a young woman with SLE who presents with chest pain, followed by a review of inflammation-based pathogenic mechanisms that are shared by SLE and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease...
- Homocysteine, bone mineral density, and fracture risk over 2 years of followup in women with and without systemic lupus erythematosusElisa Y Rhew
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Rheumatol 35:230-6. 2008..To examine the relationship of baseline homocysteine levels with bone mineral density (BMD) and incidence of fractures over 2 years in women with and without systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- Differences in subclinical cardiovascular disease between African American and Caucasian women with systemic lupus erythematosusElisa Y Rhew
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Transl Res 153:51-9. 2009..A combination of SLE-related and traditional CVD risk factors explained the racial difference in plaque burden...
- 25-hydroxyvitamin D and cardiovascular risk factors in women with systemic lupus erythematosusPeggy W Wu
Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Arthritis Rheum 61:1387-95. 2009..Vitamin D deficiency has also been noted in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). The objective of this study was to evaluate the associations of serum 25(OH)D levels with cardiovascular risk factors in women with SLE...
- Scleroderma renal crisis: new insights and developmentsElisa Y Rhew
Department of Rheumatology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 300 East Superior Street, Tarry 3 713, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Curr Rheumatol Rep 6:129-36. 2004..This article reviews the epidemiology, pathogenesis, risk factors, clinical features, and treatment of SRC, with an emphasis on recent insights and developments...
- Association study of Toll-like receptor 5 (TLR5) and Toll-like receptor 9 (TLR9) polymorphisms in systemic lupus erythematosusF Yesim K Demirci
Department of Human Genetics, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Rheumatol 34:1708-11. 2007..We investigated the association of TLR5 (Arg392Stop, rs5744168) and TLR9 (-1237T-->C, rs5743836) single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) in Caucasian American subjects...
- Inflammatory markers in CVD and OP in SLE womenELISA RHEW; Fiscal Year: 2006..The project outlined in this proposal will provide a strong foundation for achieving my ultimate goal of becoming an independent clinical investigator. ..
- The Role of Inflammation on Endothelia Function in SLE WomenELISA RHEW; Fiscal Year: 2007....