Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Structural brain alterations can be detected early in HIV infectionAnn B Ragin
Department of Radiology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, USA
Neurology 79:2328-34. 2012..Brain changes occurring early in HIV infection are not well characterized. The Chicago Early HIV Infection Study aimed to evaluate the presence and extent of structural brain alterations using quantitative MRI...
- Marked relationship between matrix metalloproteinase 7 and brain atrophy in HIV infectionAnn B Ragin
Department of Radiology, Northwestern University, 737 N Michigan Avenue, Suite 1600, Chicago, IL 60611 2927, USA
J Neurovirol 17:153-8. 2011..MMP-7 was also correlated with measures of virologic and cognitive status...
- Disease burden in HIV-associated cognitive impairment: a study of whole-brain imaging measuresA B Ragin
Department of Radiology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Neurology 63:2293-7. 2004....
- Diffusion tensor imaging of subcortical brain injury in patients infected with human immunodeficiency virusAnn B Ragin
Department of Radiology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611 2927, USA
J Neurovirol 11:292-8. 2005..Findings from this investigation indicate that DTI is a sensitive tool for correlating neuroanatomic pathologic features with specific cognitive deficits in patients with HIV infection...
- Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 correlates with subcortical brain injury in HIV infectionA B Ragin
Department of Radiology, The Children s Memorial Research Center, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Neurology 66:1255-7. 2006..MCP-1 levels correlated with tissue status (mean diffusivity) in all examined regions. Plasma markers were also significantly correlated with anisotropy measurements in centrum semiovale (TNF-alpha) and putamen (hematocrit)...
- Biomarkers of neurological status in HIV infection: a 3-year studyAnn B Ragin
Department of Radiology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Proteomics Clin Appl 4:295-303. 2010..To evaluate circulating cytokines and chemokines as correlates of the degree of brain injury in individuals with advanced human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection...
- Serum matrix metalloproteinase levels correlate with brain injury in human immunodeficiency virus infectionAnn B Ragin
Department of Radiology, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611 2927, USA
J Neurovirol 15:275-81. 2009..MMPs may influence neurological outcome through involvement in neuroimmune response, blood-brain barrier permeability, leukocyte migration, and MMP-mediated neurotoxicity...
- Platelet decline as a predictor of brain injury in HIV infectionAnn B Ragin
Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
J Neurovirol 17:487-95. 2011..Findings from a structural brain imaging substudy of older participants, however, support a possible relationship between platelet decline and reduced gray matter...
- Comprehensive brain analysis with automated high-resolution magnetization transfer measurementsYing Wu
Radiology, NorthShore University Healthsystem, Evanston, Illinois 60201, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 35:309-17. 2012..To enhance the reliability and spatial resolution of magnetization transfer ratio (MTR) measurements for interrogation of subcortical brain regions with an automated volume of interest (VOI) approach...
- Accelerated two- and three-dimensional cine MR imaging of the heart by using a 32-channel coilAmir H Davarpanah
Department of Radiology, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, 737 N Michigan Ave, Suite 1600, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Radiology 254:98-108. 2010....
- Whole brain diffusion tensor imaging in HIV-associated cognitive impairmentAnn B Ragin
Department of Radiology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 25:195-200. 2004..This investigation evaluated the prognostic significance of whole brain histogram-derived diffusion tensor imaging indices with respect to severity of cognitive impairment and measures of clinical status in cases of HIV...
- Mixed membership trajectory models of cognitive impairment in the multicenter AIDS cohort studySamantha A Molsberry
aDepartment of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh bDepartment of Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh cInfectious Diseases and Microbiology, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania dDepartment of Epidemiology, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland eAIDS Healthcare Foundation, Los Angeles fDepartment of Neurology, University of California Los Angeles, California gDepartment of Psychiatry, Rush University School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois hDepartment of Psychiatry, University of California Los Angeles, California iDepartment of Psychiatry jDepartment of Neurology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland kDepartment of Radiology Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois lDepartment of Neurology mDepartment of Psychology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
AIDS 29:713-21. 2015..We applied a novel statistical methodology to identify trajectories to cognitive impairment, and factors that affected the 'closeness' of an individual to one of the canonical trajectories...
- Rapid whole-brain magnetic resonance imaging with isotropic resolution at 3 TeslaRobert R Edelman
Department of Radiology, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Invest Radiol 44:54-9. 2009..Although further clinical study is needed in a larger patient cohort, these initial results suggest substantial clinical promise for the technique...
- Single voxel magnetic resonance spectroscopy at 3 Tesla in a memory disorders clinic: early right hippocampal NAA/Cr loss in mildly impaired subjectsMARIA T CASERTA
Department of Psychiatry, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Psychiatry Res 164:154-9. 2008..These findings suggest that RH NAA/Cr ratios measured at 3 Tesla may be a sensitive marker of future progression to dementia in a clinically defined population with isolated memory complaints...
- MRI Study of Aggressive IndividualsAnn Ragin; Fiscal Year: 2003..Data obtained in this study will yield findings regarding brain structures potentially involved in impulsive aggression and provide insights concerning etiological factors in Intermittent Explosive Disorder. ..
- A Diffusion Tensor Imaging Study of HIV-DementiaAnn Ragin; Fiscal Year: 2006..Experience gained during the proposed award will lay the foundation for further independent investigations of neurobiological factors in HIV-D. ..