Chandra Y Osborn
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Measuring adult literacy in health care: performance of the newest vital signChandra Y Osborn
Institute for Healthcare Studies, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Am J Health Behav 31:S36-46. 2007..To compare performance of the newest vital sign (NVS) with existing literacy measures...
- Health literacy: an overlooked factor in understanding HIV health disparitiesChandra Y Osborn
Health Literacy and Learning Program, Institute for Healthcare Studies, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 676 N St Clair Street, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Am J Prev Med 33:374-8. 2007..Limited health literacy may be a contributing factor to racial disparities in health care. This study examined the mediating effect of limited health literacy on the relationship between race and HIV-medication adherence...
- Literacy, self-efficacy, and HIV medication adherenceMichael S Wolf
Health Literacy and Learning Program HeLP, Institute for Healthcare Studies, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Patient Educ Couns 65:253-60. 2007..We examined the relationship between patient literacy level and self-reported HIV medication adherence, while estimating the mediating roles of treatment knowledge and self-efficacy on this relationship...
- Improving colorectal cancer screening among the medically underserved: a pilot study within a federally qualified health centerKishore Khankari
Access Community Health Network, Chicago, IL, USA
J Gen Intern Med 22:1410-4. 2007..Colorectal cancer screening rates remain low, especially among low-income and racial/ethnic minority groups...
- Limited health literacy is a barrier to medication reconciliation in ambulatory careStephen D Persell
Health Literacy and Learning Program, Division of General Internal Medicine, and Institute for Healthcare Studies, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Gen Intern Med 22:1523-6. 2007..Limited health literacy may influence patients' ability to identify medications taken; a serious concern for ambulatory safety and quality...
- Clinician-initiated HIV risk reduction intervention for HIV-positive persons: Formative Research, Acceptability, and Fidelity of the Options ProjectJeffrey D Fisher
Center for Health HIV Intervention and Prevention, The University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 37:S78-87. 2004....