William J Muller
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Herpes simplex virus-2 glycoprotein interaction with HVEM influences virus-specific recall cellular responses at the mucosaSarah J Kopp
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Clin Dev Immunol 2012:284104. 2012..We conclude that engagement of HVEM during the acute phase of HSV infection influences the antiviral CD8(+) recall response by an unexplained mechanism...
- Functional interaction between herpes simplex virus type 2 gD and HVEM transiently dampens local chemokine production after murine mucosal infectionMiri Yoon
Department of Microbiology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e16122. 2011....
- Recombinant Listeria monocytogenes expressing an immunodominant peptide fails to protect after intravaginal challenge with herpes simplex virus-2William J Muller
Department of Pediatrics, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Arch Virol 153:1165-9. 2008..We tested this construct for protection against vaginal challenge with HSV-2. Primed mice demonstrated strong recall responses, had modest reductions in HSV-2 DNA in vaginal mucosa, but were not protected from disease...
- Herpes simplex virus type 2 tegument proteins contain subdominant T-cell epitopes detectable in BALB/c mice after DNA immunization and infectionWilliam J Muller
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Gen Virol 90:1153-63. 2009..Cellular responses to tegument protein epitopes were also detected after HSV-2 infection. Tegument proteins are rational candidates for further HSV-2 vaccine research...
- Pathogenesis of neonatal herpes simplex 2 disease in a mouse model is dependent on entry receptor expression and route of inoculationSarah J Kopp
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Virol 87:474-81. 2013..Our results suggest that differences in receptor expression between adults and newborns may partially explain differences in susceptibility to HSV-2...
- Angiogenesis impairment in Id-deficient mice cooperates with an Hsp90 inhibitor to completely suppress HER2/neu-dependent breast tumorsPaola de Candia
Program in Cell Biology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:12337-42. 2003..Thus angiogenesis inhibitors in combination with inhibitors of Hsp90 function should be evaluated for the treatment of advanced breast cancer...
- Ets2-dependent stromal regulation of mouse mammary tumorsAlbert K Man
The Burnham Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:8614-25. 2003....
- Effect of conditional knockout of the type II TGF-beta receptor gene in mammary epithelia on mammary gland development and polyomavirus middle T antigen induced tumor formation and metastasisElizabeth Forrester
Department of Cancer Biology, Ingram Cancer Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Cancer Res 65:2296-302. 2005....
- HER2/neu-induced mammary tumorigenesis and angiogenesis are reduced in cyclooxygenase-2 knockout miceLouise R Howe
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, NY, USA
Cancer Res 65:10113-9. 2005..This finding may help to explain the reduced risk of breast cancer associated with regular use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs...