Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Neural mechanisms of affective interference in schizotypyAprajita Mohanty
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 114:16-27. 2005..These results indicate that aspects of emotion-cognition processes and the brain mechanisms that implement them are similar in schizotypy and schizophrenia...
- The spatial attention network interacts with limbic and monoaminergic systems to modulate motivation-induced attention shiftsAprajita Mohanty
Cognitive Neurology and Alzheimer s Disease Center, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Cereb Cortex 18:2604-13. 2008....
- Specificity of emotion-related effects on attentional processing in schizotypyAprajita Mohanty
Cognitive Neurology and Alzheimer s Disease Center, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 320 E Superior, Chicago, IL 60611, United States
Schizophr Res 103:129-37. 2008..disturbance? (3) Are anxiety and depression differentially related to PS and NS? (4) Whatever the degree of specificity in these relationships, does anxiety mediate the relationship between schizotypy and attentional disturbance?..
- Search for a threatening target triggers limbic guidance of spatial attentionAprajita Mohanty
Cognitive Neurology and Alzheimer s Disease Center, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Neurosci 29:10563-72. 2009....
- Differential engagement of anterior cingulate cortex subdivisions for cognitive and emotional functionAprajita Mohanty
Institute for Neuroscience and Cognitive Neurology and Alzheimer s Disease Center, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, USA
Psychophysiology 44:343-51. 2007..Results point to an anatomical and functional continuum rather than segregated operations...
- Olfactory predictive codes and stimulus templates in piriform cortexChristina Zelano
Department of Neurology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Neuron 72:178-87. 2011..Our findings directly show that the brain generates predictive templates or "search images" in PPC, with physical correspondence to odor-specific pattern representations, to augment olfactory perception...
- Specificity of regional brain activity in anxiety types during emotion processingAnna S Engels
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 603 E Daniel Street, Champaign, IL 61820, USA
Psychophysiology 44:352-63. 2007..Results support the proposed distinction between the two types of anxiety and resolve an inconsistency about the role of left-frontal activation in emotion and psychopathology...
- Paying attention to emotion: an fMRI investigation of cognitive and emotional stroop tasksRebecca J Compton
Department of Psychology, Haverford College, Haverford, Pennsylvania 19041, USA
Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci 3:81-96. 2003..The results indicate that emotion and attention are intimately related via a network of regions that monitor for salient information, maintain attention on the task, suppress irrelevant information, and select appropriate responses...
- Emotion-modulated performance and activity in left dorsolateral prefrontal cortexJohn D Herrington
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Champaign, IL 61801, USA
Emotion 5:200-7. 2005..These data directly link positive affect, enhanced performance, and prefrontal activity, providing some of the first fMRI evidence supporting models of emotional valence and frontal brain asymmetry based on electroencephalography (EEG)...