Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Reporting information on emergency department crowding to the hospital board and delivery of time-sensitive careMegan McHugh
Institute for Healthcare Studies, Department of Emergency Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 38:229-34. 2012....
- Is emergency department quality related to other hospital quality domains?Megan McHugh
The Center for Healthcare Studies, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL The Department of Emergency Medicine, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
Acad Emerg Med 21:551-7. 2014..The purpose of this analysis was to determine whether hospital achievement and improvement on the ED quality measures represent a distinct domain of quality...
- An advanced look at surgical performance under Medicare's hospital-inpatient value-based purchasing program: who is winning and who is losing?James M Dupree
Department of Urology, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL Electronic address
J Am Coll Surg 218:1-7. 2014..Our objective was to identify the characteristics of hospitals that perform well (and those that perform poorly) on the surgical measures in CMS' hospital VBP program...
- Changes in patient flow among five hospitals participating in a learning collaborativeMegan McHugh
Department of Emergency Medicine, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, USA
J Healthc Qual 35:21-9. 2013..Results suggest that relatively small changes may lead to improvements in measures of patient flow that are modest, at best...
- Medicare's policy to limit payment for hospital-acquired conditions: the impact on safety net providersMegan McHugh
Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 22:638-47. 2011..Safety-net hospitals and hospitals with the lowest financial margins may be more likely than others to be affected by policies that reduce payment for HACs...
- Medicare's payment policy for hospital-acquired conditions: perspectives of administrators from safety net hospitalsMegan McHugh
Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Med Care Res Rev 68:667-82. 2011..The findings also illustrate the need for Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services to provide more guidance to the industry when this type of policy is introduced...
- An early look at performance on the emergency care measures included in Medicare's hospital inpatient Value-Based Purchasing ProgramMegan McHugh
Center for Healthcare Studies, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Ann Emerg Med 61:616-623.e2. 2013....
- Time and expenses associated with the implementation of strategies to reduce emergency department crowdingMegan McHugh
Institute for Healthcare Studies and Department of Emergency Medicine, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, 750 N Lake Shore Dr, 10th Floor, Chicago, IL, USA
J Emerg Nurs 38:420-8. 2012..The purpose of this study was to estimate the time spent and expenses incurred as 6 Urgent Matters hospitals planned and implemented strategies to improve patient flow and reduce crowding...
- Four reasons to confront crowding in the emergency departmentMegan McHugh
Health Research and Educational Trust, American Hospital Association, Chicago, USA
Trustee 63:33-4, 1. 2010..Emergency department crowding should be a board priority. Here are four reasons why...
- Understanding the safety net: inpatient quality of care varies based on how one defines safety-net hospitalsMegan McHugh
Health Research and Educational Trust, Chicago, IL 60606, USA
Med Care Res Rev 66:590-605. 2009..How one defines safety-net providers can affect health services research outcomes and policy recommendations...
- Adoption of CT colonography by US hospitalsMegan McHugh
Institute for Healthcare Studies, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 8:169-74. 2011..The purpose of this study was to identify the percentage of US hospitals that offered CTC between 2005 and 2008 and factors that motivated or impeded adoption...
- Improving evaluations of value-based purchasing programsMegan McHugh
Health Research and Educational Trust, 155 N Wacker Drive, Suite 400, Chicago, IL 60654, USA
Health Serv Res 45:1559-69. 2010..We offer several recommendations for improving the foundation to conduct evaluations of VBP programs to better inform policy and practice...