LEWIS L LANDSBERG
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Obesity-related hypertension: pathogenesis, cardiovascular risk, and treatment--a position paper of the The Obesity Society and The American Society of HypertensionLewis Landsberg
Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 21:8-24. 2013....
- Obesity-related hypertension: pathogenesis, cardiovascular risk, and treatment: a position paper of the obesity society and the american society of hypertensionLewis Landsberg
Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 15:14-33. 2013....
- Diabetes and hypertension: pathogenesis, prevention and treatmentLewis Landsberg
Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Clin Exp Hypertens 26:621-8. 2004..Multiple agents, including diuretics, will usually be required to attain target blood pressure levels...
- Insulin resistance and the metabolic syndromeL Landsberg
Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Diabetologia 48:1244-6. 2005
- Feast or famine: the sympathetic nervous system response to nutrient intakeLewis Landsberg
Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine
Cell Mol Neurobiol 26:497-508. 2006..The association of obesity and hypertension, therefore, may be the unintended consequence of mechanisms recruited in the obese to limit further weight gain...
- A teleological view of obesity, diabetes and hypertensionLewis Landsberg
Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 33:863-7. 2006..Such strategies may entail, for example, therapeutic agents that enhance metabolic rate during low-energy diets, thereby reversing the physiological impediment imposed by suppression of the sympathetic nervous system...
- Is obesity associated with lower body temperatures? Core temperature: a forgotten variable in energy balanceLewis Landsberg
Northwestern University Comprehensive Center on Obesity, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Metabolism 58:871-6. 2009..This review explores the hypothesis that lower body temperatures contribute to the enhanced metabolic efficiency of the obese state...
- Do the obese have lower body temperatures? A new look at a forgotten variable in energy balanceLewis Landsberg
Northwestern University Comprehensive Center on Obesity, 750 N Lake Shore Drive, Rubloff Suite 9 976, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Trans Am Clin Climatol Assoc 120:287-95. 2009..If this hypothesis is validated, new therapeutic approaches may ensue...
- Sympathetic nervous system activity in rat thyroid: potential role in goitrogenesisJames B Young
Department of Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern Univiversity, Chicago, Ward 4 161, 303 East Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60611 3008, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 288:E861-7. 2005..These results suggest that sympathetic activity in thyroid contributes to gland enlargement and may modulate tissue responsiveness to TSH...
- EXTRAMULAR RESEARCH FACILITIES IMPROVEMENT PROGRAMLewis Landsberg; Fiscal Year: 2003..This plan will not only meet national research needs in neurodegenerative diseases, but will lead to more efficient utilization of over $3M/year in direct costs provided to these six investigators by NIH. ..