Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Laparoscopic liver surgery: Shifting the management of liver tumorsAlan Koffron
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Hepatology 44:1694-700. 2006..We propose that surgical engagement defined by the managing physician's decision to proceed with a surgical intervention is increasingly affected by the availability of, and experience with, laparoscopic liver resection...
- Living donor liver transplant for malignancyDavid Axelrod
Division of Transplant Surgery, Department of Surgery, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Transplantation 79:363-6. 2005..However, HCC patients with large tumors experience a high rate of recurrence. The use of ALDLT for cholangiocarcinoma appears promising specifically in the context of neo-adjuvant therapy...
- Intrahepatic biliary cystadenoma: role of cyst fluid analysis and surgical management in the laparoscopic eraAlan Koffron
Department of Surgery, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL, USA
Surgery 136:926-36. 2004..However, the role of CA 19-9 and CEA in the diagnosis of IBC and the role of LS in the management of IBC have not been previously defined...
- Safety and efficacy of combined orthotopic liver transplantation and coronary artery bypass graftingDavid Axelrod
Division of Organ Transplantation, Department of Surgery, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Liver Transpl 10:1386-90. 2004..In this series, patients appear to benefit from multidisciplinary preoperative evaluation, coordination between cardiac and transplant surgeons, careful graft selection, and use of sapheno-atrial veno-veno bypass...
- Surgical techniques in right laparoscopic donor nephrectomyJoseph F Buell
Department of Surgery, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, OH 45267 0558, USA
J Am Coll Surg 195:131-7. 2002