Abel N Kho
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Electronic medical records for genetic research: results of the eMERGE consortiumAbel N Kho
Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Sci Transl Med 3:79re1. 2011..Efforts and incentives to increase the implementation of interoperable EMRs will markedly improve the availability of clinical data for genomics research...
- An evaluation of the NQF Quality Data Model for representing Electronic Health Record driven phenotyping algorithmsWilliam K Thompson
Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2012:911-20. 2012..However, we also found areas in which the QDM could be usefully extended, such as representing information extracted from clinical text, and the ability to handle algorithms that do not consist of Boolean combinations of criteria...
- Practical challenges in integrating genomic data into the electronic health recordAbel N Kho
Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Genet Med 15:772-8. 2013..Successful integration of genomic data may require significant redesign of existing electronic health record systems...
- High density GWAS for LDL cholesterol in African Americans using electronic medical records reveals a strong protective variant in APOELaura J Rasmussen-Torvik
Department of Preventive Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Clin Transl Sci 5:394-9. 2012..Use of median LDL-C extracted from EMR after exclusions for medications and comorbidities increased the percentage of trait variance explained by genetic variation...
- Use of diverse electronic medical record systems to identify genetic risk for type 2 diabetes within a genome-wide association studyAbel N Kho
Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 19:212-8. 2012..The aim of this study was to identify type 2 diabetes (T2D) cases and controls for a GWAS, using data captured through routine clinical care across five institutions using different electronic medical record (EMR) systems...