Melissa L Johnson
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Afatinib: emerging next-generation tyrosine kinase inhibitor for NSCLCValerie Nelson
Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Onco Targets Ther 6:135-43. 2013..Further investigation is needed to determine the precise role that afatinib will play in the treatment of patients with non-small cell lung cancer and EGFR-activating mutations...
- Chemotherapy and targeted therapeutics as maintenance of response in advanced non-small cell lung cancerMelissa L Johnson
Division of Hematology Oncology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Chicago IL Electronic address
Semin Oncol 41:93-100. 2014..Here we review the available clinical trial data evaluating both maintenance strategies, and offer our assessment of their contemporary clinical implications and cost-effectiveness. ..
- Association of KRAS and EGFR mutations with survival in patients with advanced lung adenocarcinomasMelissa L Johnson
Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, The Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Cancer 119:356-62. 2013..For the current report, the authors examined the association of EGFR and KRAS mutations with survival among patients with advanced lung adenocarcinomas...
- Phase II trial of dasatinib for patients with acquired resistance to treatment with the epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors erlotinib or gefitinibMelissa L Johnson
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
J Thorac Oncol 6:1128-31. 2011..The SRC inhibitor dasatinib demonstrates antitumor activity in gefitinib-resistant cells lines and xenografts. Dasatinib is tolerable for patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer, and in combination with erlotinib...
- A phase II trial of Salirasib in patients with lung adenocarcinomas with KRAS mutationsGregory J Riely
Thoracic Oncology Service, Division of Solid Tumor Oncology, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York City, New York, USA
J Thorac Oncol 6:1435-7. 2011..Salirasib prevents Ras membrane binding thereby blocking the function of all Ras isoforms. This phase II study determined the activity of salirasib in patients with advanced lung adenocarcinomas with KRAS mutations...
- Driver mutations determine survival in smokers and never-smokers with stage IIIB/IV lung adenocarcinomasPaul K Paik
Thoracic Oncology Service, Division of Solid Tumor Oncology, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Cancer 118:5840-7. 2012..In this study, the authors hypothesized that smoking-dependent differences in the distribution of driver mutations may explain differences in prognosis between these subgroups...
- Molecular epidemiology of EGFR and KRAS mutations in 3,026 lung adenocarcinomas: higher susceptibility of women to smoking-related KRAS-mutant cancersSnjezana Dogan
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:6169-77. 2012..The molecular epidemiology of most EGFR and KRAS mutations in lung cancer remains unclear...
- Lungs don't forget: Comparison of the KRAS and EGFR mutation profile and survival of collegiate smokers and never smokers with advanced lung cancersAnna M Varghese
Department of Medicine, Division of Solid Tumor Oncology, Thoracic Oncology Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
J Thorac Oncol 8:123-5. 2013....
- Incidence of EGFR exon 19 deletions and L858R in tumor specimens from men and cigarette smokers with lung adenocarcinomasSandra P D'Angelo
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10065, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:2066-70. 2011..EGFR mutations underlie the sensitivity of lung cancers to erlotinib and gefitinib and can occur in any patient with this illness. Here we examine the frequency of EGFR mutations in smokers and men...
- Detection of EGFR mutations in plasma DNA from lung cancer patients by mass spectrometry genotyping is predictive of tumor EGFR status and response to EGFR inhibitorsMarie Brevet
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, United States
Lung Cancer 73:96-102. 2011..In this study, we combined a mass spectrometry genotyping assay (Sequenom) with a mutant-enriched PCR (ME-PCR) to detect EGFR mutations in free plasma DNA from patients with lung cancer...
- Frequency of EGFR and KRAS mutations in lung adenocarcinomas in African AmericansJ Matthew Reinersman
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York City, New York 10065, USA
J Thorac Oncol 6:28-31. 2011..KRAS mutations confer resistance to EGFR-tyrosine kinase inhibitors. The prevalence of these mutations in African American patients has not been thoroughly investigated...
- Importance and relevance of pulmonary symptoms among patients receiving second- and third-line treatment for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: support for the content validity of the 4-item Pulmonary Symptom IndexSusan Magasi
Department of Medical Social Sciences, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Clin Lung Cancer 14:245-53. 2013....