Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Phospho-regulation of Beta-catenin adhesion and signaling functionsRebecca Leadem Daugherty
The Integrated Graduate Program in the Life Sciences, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Physiology (Bethesda) 22:303-9. 2007..Inputs from various cell-signaling events can therefore impact beta-catenin function, which may be necessary for the finely tuned adhesive and signaling responses required for tissue morphogenesis...
- Issues associated with assessing nuclear localization of N-terminally unphosphorylated beta-catenin with monoclonal antibody 8E7Meghan T Maher
Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Biol Direct 4:5. 2009....
- Distinct molecular forms of beta-catenin are targeted to adhesive or transcriptional complexesCara J Gottardi
Department of Cell Biology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Cell Biol 167:339-49. 2004..This model explains how cells can control whether beta-catenin is used independently in cell adhesion and nuclear signaling, or competitively so that the two processes are coordinated and interrelated...
- Polycystin-1 C-terminal tail associates with beta-catenin and inhibits canonical Wnt signalingMark Lal
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Hum Mol Genet 17:3105-17. 2008..Our results suggest a novel mechanism through which PC1 cleavage may impact upon Wnt-dependent signaling and thereby modulate both developmental processes and cystogenesis...
- VE-cadherin and beta-catenin binding dynamics during histamine-induced endothelial hyperpermeabilityMingzhang Guo
Department of Surgery, University of California Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 294:C977-84. 2008..Taken together, these data suggest that inflammatory agents like histamine cause a transient and reversible disruption of binding between beta-catenin and VE-cadherin, during which endothelial permeability is elevated...
- Role for ICAT in beta-catenin-dependent nuclear signaling and cadherin functionsCara J Gottardi
Department of Cell Biology, School of Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0732, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 286:C747-56. 2004....
- When domestiques rebel: kinesins, cadherins and neuronal proliferationCara J Gottardi
Nat Cell Biol 7:445-7. 2005
- Terminating Wnt signals: a novel nuclear export mechanism targets activated (beta)-cateninMeghan E Thorne
Department of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Cell Biol 171:761-3. 2005..We speculate that cells may use multiple export mechanisms to inhibit beta-catenin signaling in different ways...
- Terminal regions of beta-catenin come into viewCara J Gottardi
Structure 16:336-8. 2008
- Molecular components of the adherens junctionCarien M Niessen
Center for Molecular Medicine, University of Cologne, LFI, 05, Room 59, Joseph Stelzmannstrasse 9, D 50931 Cologne, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1778:562-71. 2008..The molecular machineries that organize these adhesion receptor complexes into higher order junction structures, and the functional consequences of this junctional organization will be discussed...
- Mechanism of b-catenin targeting to adhesive or transcriptional complexesCARA GOTTARDI; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Mechanism of b-catenin targeting to adhesive or transcriptional complexesCara J Gottardi; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Role for Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in alveolar repair and fibrosisCara J Gottardi; Fiscal Year: 2011..Thus, new insights into the mechanisms of pulmonary fibrosis are needed to generate novel therapeutic treatments. ..