Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Gheorghiade M, Ambrosy A, Ferrandi M, Ferrari P. Combining SERCA2a activation and Na-K ATPase inhibition: a promising new approach to managing acute heart failure syndromes with low cardiac output. Discov Med. 2011;12:141-51 pubmed
- Mentz R, Greene S, Ambrosy A, Vaduganathan M, Subacius H, Swedberg K, et al. Clinical profile and prognostic value of anemia at the time of admission and discharge among patients hospitalized for heart failure with reduced ejection fraction: findings from the EVEREST trial. Circ Heart Fail. 2014;7:401-8 pubmed publisher..URL: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT00071331. ..
- Khan S, Campia U, Chioncel O, Zannad F, Rossignol P, Maggioni A, et al. Changes in serum potassium levels during hospitalization in patients with worsening heart failure and reduced ejection fraction (from the EVEREST trial). Am J Cardiol. 2015;115:790-6 pubmed publisher..However, they are not associated with all-cause or CVM or HFH. Inhospital changes in potassium may limit the implementation of evidence-based therapies such as mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists. ..
- Gheorghiade M, Larson C, Shah S, Greene S, Cleland J, Colucci W, et al. Developing New Treatments for Heart Failure: Focus on the Heart. Circ Heart Fail. 2016;9: pubmed publisher..The following discussion summarizes the key takeaway dialogue from this meeting. ..
- Senni M, Greene S, Butler J, Fonarow G, Gheorghiade M. Drug Development for Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction: What Pieces Are Missing From the Puzzle?. Can J Cardiol. 2017;33:768-776 pubmed publisher..Recognizing that the study of HFpEF is inherently challenging and complex, addressing these specific areas and overcoming their respective hurdles might maximize the chances of discovering a beneficial therapy. ..