David T Eton
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Pilot validation of a self-report outcome measure of complementary and alternative medicineDavid T Eton
Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Evanston, IL, USA
Explore (NY) 3:592-9. 2007..We previously developed a multidomain, self-report outcome measure relevant to a wide range of complementary and alternative medical (CAM) therapies. We report the results of a pilot study to validate the measure...
- Psychological distress in spouses of men treated for early-stage prostate carcinomaDavid T Eton
Center on Outcomes, Research, and Education, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare and Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Evanston, Illinois 60201, USA
Cancer 103:2412-8. 2005..The authors examined levels and predictors of psychological distress in the wives of men treated for early-stage prostate carcinoma (PCa)...
- A brief symptom index for advanced renal cell carcinomaDavid T Eton
Center on Outcomes, Research and Education, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, 1001 University Place, Suite 100, Evanston IL 60201, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 4:68. 2006..Our objective was to test a brief, symptom index for advanced renal cell carcinoma, a disease affecting over 38,000 Americans each year and often diagnosed in late stages...
- Data pooling and analysis to build a preliminary item bank: an example using bowel function in prostate cancerDavid T Eton
Northwestern University School of Medicine, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Eval Health Prof 28:142-59. 2005..A fifth item assessing hemorrhoids was poorly correlated with other items. Our analyses supported four related components of BF: diarrhea, rectal urgency, pain, and bother/distress...
- A combination of distribution- and anchor-based approaches determined minimally important differences (MIDs) for four endpoints in a breast cancer scaleDavid T Eton
Evanston Northwestern Healthcare and Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, 1001 University Place, Suite 100, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 57:898-910. 2004....
- Future trends in patient-reported outcomes assessment for patients with advanced-stage lung cancer receiving targeted therapyDavid T Eton
Center on Outcomes, Research and Education, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, IL 60201, USA
Clin Lung Cancer 8:99-109. 2006....
- Early change in patient-reported health during lung cancer chemotherapy predicts clinical outcomes beyond those predicted by baseline report: results from Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group Study 5592David T Eton
Evanston Northwestern Healthcare and Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:1536-43. 2003..To determine the ability of longitudinal patient-reported health (PRH) scores to enhance prediction of clinical outcomes beyond baseline scores...
- Validation of the functional assessment of cancer therapy--lung symptom index-12 (FLSI-12)David T Eton
Center on Outcomes, Research and Education, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare Research Institute, 1001 University Place, Suite 100, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Lung Cancer 57:339-47. 2007..The results show that the FLSI-12 is a psychometrically sound measure and support its use as an endpoint in clinical trials of advanced-stage lung cancer...
- Prostate cancer and health-related quality of life: a review of the literatureDavid T Eton
Evanston Northwestern Healthcare and Northwestern University Evanston, IL, USA
Psychooncology 11:307-26. 2002..Future research directions are discussed...
- Developing a self-report outcome measure for complementary and alternative medicineDavid T Eton
Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Evanston, IL, USA
Explore (NY) 1:177-85. 2005..Current options for assessing subjective outcomes in CAM are either too burdensome or fail to represent diverse outcomes. A single measure specifying common, patient-reported outcomes of CAM would be of value...
- Validation of the Functional Assessment of Cancer Therapy-Breast Symptom Index (FBSI)Kathleen J Yost
Center on Outcomes, Research and Education CORE, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare Research Institute, 1001 University Place, Suite 100, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 90:295-8. 2005..The FBSI is a brief, clinically relevant, and psychometrically sound instrument that can be used to measure symptoms in patients with breast cancer...
- What is a clinically meaningful change on the Functional Assessment of Cancer Therapy-Lung (FACT-L) Questionnaire? Results from Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) Study 5592David Cella
Evanston Northwestern Healthcare and Northwestern University, 1001 University Place, Suite 100, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 55:285-95. 2002....
- Combining anchor and distribution-based methods to derive minimal clinically important differences on the Functional Assessment of Cancer Therapy (FACT) anemia and fatigue scalesDavid Cella
Evanston Northwestern Healthcare and Northwestern University, IL, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 24:547-61. 2002..They can also be used in conjunction with more traditional clinical markers to assist investigators in determining treatment efficacy...
- Combining distribution- and anchor-based approaches to determine minimally important differences: the FACIT experienceKathleen J Yost
Evanston Northwestern Healthcare Research Institute, USA
Eval Health Prof 28:172-91. 2005..MIDs for FACIT instruments established to date are summarized, and general guidelines that can be used to estimate MIDs for other FACIT instruments are provided. Applications of MIDs in research are illustrated...
- Improving quality of life in men with prostate cancer: a randomized controlled trial of group education interventionsStephen J Lepore
Columbia University, Teachers College, Department of Health and Behavior Studies, New York, NY 10027, USA
Health Psychol 22:443-52. 2003..Among college graduates, controls were comparable with the GE and GED groups in physical functioning and positive health behaviors...
- Erectile function outcome reporting after clinically localized prostate cancer treatmentArthur L Burnett
The Johns Hopkins Hospital, 600 North Wolfe St, Marburg 407, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 2411, USA
J Urol 178:597-601. 2007....
- Moderators of the benefits of psychoeducational interventions for men with prostate cancerVicki S Helgeson
Psychology Department, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Health Psychol 25:348-54. 2006..Of these 3 moderator variables, the most consistent results emerged for self-esteem. That is, the benefits of the intervention were strongest for men with low self-esteem...
- Validation of the functional assessment of cancer therapy esophageal cancer subscaleGail Darling
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Toronto General Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cancer 107:854-63. 2006..To develop and validate a quality of life subscale for patients with esophageal cancer to be used with the Functional Assessment of Cancer Therapy-General (FACT-G)...
- Variation in the definition of biochemical recurrence in patients treated for localized prostate cancer: the American Urological Association Prostate Guidelines for Localized Prostate Cancer Update Panel report and recommendations for a standard in the reMichael S Cookson
Department of Urologic Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
J Urol 177:540-5. 2007....
- Guideline for the management of clinically localized prostate cancer: 2007 updateIan Thompson
American Urological Association Education and Research, Inc
J Urol 177:2106-31. 2007