Leon G Epstein
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Human herpesvirus 6 and 7 in febrile status epilepticus: the FEBSTAT studyLeon G Epstein
Department of Pediatrics, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University and Ann and Robert H Lurie Children s Hospital of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Epilepsia 53:1481-8. 2012..In a prospective study, Consequences of Prolonged Febrile Seizures in Childhood (FEBSTAT), we determined the frequency of human herpesvirus (HHV)-6 and HHV-7 infection as a cause of febrile status epilepticus (FSE)...
- Cerebrospinal fluid findings in children with fever-associated status epilepticus: results of the consequences of prolonged febrile seizures (FEBSTAT) studyL Matthew Frank
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of The King s Daughters and Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA, USA
J Pediatr 161:1169-71. 2012..CSF glucose and protein levels were unremarkable. Temperature, age, seizure focality, and seizure duration did not affect results. CSF pleocytosis should not be attributed to FSE...
- Biomarkers of neurological status in HIV infection: a 3-year studyAnn B Ragin
Department of Radiology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Proteomics Clin Appl 4:295-303. 2010..To evaluate circulating cytokines and chemokines as correlates of the degree of brain injury in individuals with advanced human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection...
- Diffusion tensor imaging of subcortical brain injury in patients infected with human immunodeficiency virusAnn B Ragin
Department of Radiology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611 2927, USA
J Neurovirol 11:292-8. 2005..Findings from this investigation indicate that DTI is a sensitive tool for correlating neuroanatomic pathologic features with specific cognitive deficits in patients with HIV infection...
- Serum matrix metalloproteinase levels correlate with brain injury in human immunodeficiency virus infectionAnn B Ragin
Department of Radiology, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611 2927, USA
J Neurovirol 15:275-81. 2009..MMPs may influence neurological outcome through involvement in neuroimmune response, blood-brain barrier permeability, leukocyte migration, and MMP-mediated neurotoxicity...
- Marked relationship between matrix metalloproteinase 7 and brain atrophy in HIV infectionAnn B Ragin
Department of Radiology, Northwestern University, 737 N Michigan Avenue, Suite 1600, Chicago, IL 60611 2927, USA
J Neurovirol 17:153-8. 2011..MMP-7 was also correlated with measures of virologic and cognitive status...
- Matrix metalloproteinase levels in early HIV infection and relation to in vivo brain statusSuyang Li
Department of Radiology, Northwestern University, 737 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 1600, Chicago, IL, 60611, USA
J Neurovirol 19:452-60. 2013..MMP-2 levels in plasma and in CSF correspond to early changes in brain structure and function. These findings establish a link between MMPs and neurological status previously unidentified in early HIV infection. ..
- An evaluation of neurocognitive status and markers of immune activation as predictors of time to death in advanced HIV infectionJeffrey J Sevigny
Department of Neurology and Gertrude H Sergievsky Center, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Arch Neurol 64:97-102. 2007..Several markers of immune activation have been identified as potential prognostic markers for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-associated morbidity and mortality, but the results from studies are conflicting...
- Attenuated central nervous system infection in advanced HIV/AIDS with combination antiretroviral therapyJustin C McArthur
Department of Neurology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287 7609, USA
Arch Neurol 61:1687-96. 2004..Before the introduction of combination antiretroviral therapy (CART), neurological disease correlated with cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) levels of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) RNA...
- Whole brain diffusion tensor imaging in HIV-associated cognitive impairmentAnn B Ragin
Department of Radiology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 25:195-200. 2004..This investigation evaluated the prognostic significance of whole brain histogram-derived diffusion tensor imaging indices with respect to severity of cognitive impairment and measures of clinical status in cases of HIV...
- NEUROCOGNITIVE FUNCTION, HIV LOAD AND SURROGATE MARKERSLeon Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2003..This diverse cohort of subjects with advanced HIV infection provides a unique opportunity to investigate the relationship between virus load, immune activation and the progression of neurologic dysfunction during HIV infection. ..