Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Wang H, Bei L, Shah C, Huang W, Platanias L, Eklund E. The E3 ubiquitin ligase Triad1 influences development of Mll-Ell-induced acute myeloid leukemia. Oncogene. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Our studies identify Triad1 as a leukemia suppressor in 11q23-AML. This suggests defining relevant Triad1 substrates may indicate novel therapeutic targets in this disease. ..
- Hu L, Huang W, Hjort E, Bei L, Platanias L, Eklund E. The Interferon Consensus Sequence Binding Protein (Icsbp/Irf8) Is Required for Termination of Emergency Granulopoiesis. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:4107-20 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that impaired Icsbp expression enhances leukemogenesis by deregulating processes that normally limit granulocyte expansion during the innate immune response. ..
- Hu L, Huang W, Bei L, Broglie L, Eklund E. TP53 Haploinsufficiency Rescues Emergency Granulopoiesis in FANCC-/- Mice. J Immunol. 2018;200:2129-2139 pubmed publisher..Therefore, activation of Atr-with consequent Fanconi-mediated DNA repair or p53-dependent apoptosis-is an essential component of emergency granulopoiesis and it protects the bone marrow from genotoxic stress during this process. ..
- Eklund E, Goldenberg I, Lu Y, Andrejic J, Kakar R. SHP1 protein-tyrosine phosphatase regulates HoxA10 DNA binding and transcriptional repression activity in undifferentiated myeloid cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:36878-88 pubmed..Therefore, increased HoxA10 repression of myeloid gene transcription is a molecular mechanism for SHP1 inhibition of myeloid differentiation. ..
- Eklund E. The role of Hox proteins in leukemogenesis: insights into key regulatory events in hematopoiesis. Crit Rev Oncog. 2011;16:65-76 pubmed..Studies are beginning to identify Hox target genes which may be rational targets for therapeutic approaches to this poor prognosis leukemia subset. ..
- Wang H, Bei L, Shah C, Hu L, Eklund E. HoxA10 Terminates Emergency Granulopoiesis by Increasing Expression of Triad1. J Immunol. 2015;194:5375-87 pubmed publisher..Our studies demonstrate a previously undescribed role for HoxA10 in terminating emergency granulopoiesis, suggesting an important contribution by Hox proteins to the innate immune response. ..