J Ludovic Croxford
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Therapeutic potential of cannabinoids in CNS diseaseJ Ludovic Croxford
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60610, USA
CNS Drugs 17:179-202. 2003..Where applicable, reference is made to ongoing clinical trials of cannabinoids to alleviate symptoms of these disorders...
- Structural requirements for initiation of cross-reactivity and CNS autoimmunity with a PLP139-151 mimic peptide derived from murine hepatitis virusJ Ludovic Croxford
Department of Microbiology Immunology and the Interdepartmental Immunobiology Center, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Eur J Immunol 36:2671-80. 2006..This study describes a structural requirement for potential PLP139-151 mimic peptides, and provides further evidence for infection-induced molecular mimicry in the pathogenesis of autoimmune disease...
- Initiation and exacerbation of autoimmune demyelination of the central nervous system via virus-induced molecular mimicry: implications for the pathogenesis of multiple sclerosisJ Ludovic Croxford
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and Interdepartmental Immunobiology Center, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, 303 E Chicago Ave, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Virol 79:8581-90. 2005..Collectively, these findings illustrate the evolving mechanisms by which virus infections may contribute to both the initiation and exacerbation of autoimmune diseases, and they have important implications for MS pathogenesis...
- Effects of cannabinoid treatment on Chagas disease pathogenesis: balancing inhibition of parasite invasion and immunosuppressionJ Ludovic Croxford
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Cell Microbiol 7:1592-602. 2005..Refined use of cannabinoids may prove therapeutic in the future, but our results raise concern about the effect of cannabis use on those chronically infected by T. cruzi and on heart cell homeostasis generally...
- Towards cannabis and cannabinoid treatment of multiple sclerosisJ Ludovic Croxford
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Drugs Today (Barc) 40:663-76. 2004....
- Viral delivery of an epitope from Haemophilus influenzae induces central nervous system autoimmune disease by molecular mimicryJ Ludovic Croxford
Department of Microbiology Immunology, and Interdepartmental Immunobiology Center, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Immunol 174:907-17. 2005..These results have important implications for explaining the pathogenesis of MS and other autoimmune diseases...
- Cannabinoids inhibit neurodegeneration in models of multiple sclerosisGareth Pryce
Department of Neuroinflammation, Institute of Neurology, University College London, London, UK
Brain 126:2191-202. 2003..Therefore, in addition to symptom management, cannabis may also slow the neurodegenerative processes that ultimately lead to chronic disability in multiple sclerosis and probably other diseases...
- Cannabinoids and the immune system: potential for the treatment of inflammatory diseases?J Ludovic Croxford
Department of Immunology, National Institute of Neuroscience, NCNP, 4 1 1 Ogawahigashi, Kodaira, Tokyo 187 8502, Japan
J Neuroimmunol 166:3-18. 2005..This review article will highlight recent research on cannabinoids and how they interact with the immune system and also their potential use as therapeutic agents for a number of inflammatory disorders...
- Cannabinoid-mediated neuroprotection, not immunosuppression, may be more relevant to multiple sclerosisJ Ludovic Croxford
Department of Neuroinflammation, Institute of Neurology, University College London, London WC1N 1PJ, United Kingdom
J Neuroimmunol 193:120-9. 2008..This further highlights the neuroprotective potential of cannabinoids to slow the progression of MS...