Karon F Cook
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Multiple sclerosis and fatigue: understanding the patient's needsKaron F Cook
Department of Medical Social Sciences, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, 625 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 60611, USA Electronic address
Phys Med Rehabil Clin N Am 24:653-61. 2013..2) To identify additional aspects of fatigue that individuals with MS believe are important for clinicians when asking about their fatigue experience. ..
- Development and validation of a new self-report measure of pain behaviorsKaron F Cook
Department of Medical Social Sciences, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA Electronic address
Pain 154:2867-76. 2013..The PaB-SR is expected to be of substantial utility to researchers wishing to explore the relationship between pain behaviors and constructs such as pain intensity, pain interference, and disability. ..
- Validity of an observation method for assessing pain behavior in individuals with multiple sclerosisKaron F Cook
Department of Medical Social Sciences, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 46:413-21. 2013..A valid and reliable tool for quantifying observed pain behaviors in MS is critical to understand how pain behaviors contribute to pain-related disability in this clinical population...
- Pain assessment using the NIH ToolboxKaron F Cook
Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Neurology 80:S49-53. 2013..The purpose of this report is to review the considerations surrounding pain measurement in the NIH Toolbox, as well as to describe the measurement tools that were adopted for inclusion in the NIH Toolbox assessment battery...
- A PROMIS fatigue short form for use by individuals who have multiple sclerosisKaron F Cook
Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Qual Life Res 21:1021-30. 2012..To derive from the Patient Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS) fatigue item bank, a short form for individuals with multiple sclerosis (MS), the PROMIS-Fatigue(MS)...
- Six patient-reported outcome measurement information system short form measures have negligible age- or diagnosis-related differential item functioning in individuals with disabilitiesKaron F Cook
Department of Medical Social Sciences, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 93:1289-91. 2012..To evaluate the measurement invariance of 6 self-report measures selected for an ongoing longitudinal study of individuals with spinal cord injury, muscular dystrophy, postpolio syndrome, and multiple sclerosis...
- Language measures of the NIH Toolbox Cognition BatteryRichard C Gershon
1Department of Medical Social Sciences, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 20:642-51. 2014..Scores on the NIH Toolbox measures were consistent with age-related expectations, namely, growth in language during early development, with relative stabilization into late adulthood...
- Setting standards for severity of common symptoms in oncology using the PROMIS item banks and expert judgmentDavid Cella
Department of Medical Social Sciences, Northwestern University, 633 N St Clair, 19th Floor, Chicago, IL, 60611, USA
Qual Life Res 23:2651-61. 2014..We developed a method to identify clinical severity thresholds for pain, fatigue, depression, and anxiety in people with cancer...
- Prevalence and impact of pain in adults aging with a physical disability: comparison to a US general population sampleIvan Molton
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA Department of Medical Social Sciences, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL Center for Health Outcomes Research, United BioSource Corporation, Bethesda MD
Clin J Pain 30:307-15. 2014..To describe rates of pain and pain interference in a large sample of adults aging with long-standing physical disabilities, relative to a normative US population sample...
- PASTOR/PROMIS ® pain outcomes system: what does it mean to pain specialists?Karon F Cook
Department of Medical Social Sciences, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Pain Manag 4:277-83. 2014..The two foci of PASTOR are to enhance the clinical encounter and provide data for comprehensive evaluations of treatment effectiveness. The potential of such information for the future of clinical management is described...
- Norming plans for the NIH ToolboxJennifer L Beaumont
Department of Medical Social Sciences, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Neurology 80:S87-92. 2013..The purpose of this article is to describe plans to establish normative reference values for the NIH Toolbox measures...
- NIH toolbox for assessment of neurological and behavioral functionRichard C Gershon
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Neurology 80:S2-6. 2013..neuroscienceblueprint.nih.gov) to develop a set of state-of-the-art measurement tools to enhance collection of data in large cohort studies and to advance the biomedical research enterprise...