David F Cella
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Cella D, Huang H, Homesley H, Montag A, Salani R, De Geest K, et al. Patient-reported peripheral neuropathy of doxorubicin and cisplatin with and without paclitaxel in the treatment of advanced endometrial cancer: Results from GOG 184. Gynecol Oncol. 2010;119:538-42 pubmed publisher..Patient-reported change corresponded with provider grade, but offered more detail on the nature of impact. ..
- Cella D, Nowinski C, Peterman A, Victorson D, Miller D, Lai J, et al. The neurology quality-of-life measurement initiative. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2011;92:S28-36 pubmed publisher..The potential for Neuro-QOL measures in rehabilitation research and clinical settings is discussed. ..
- Victorson D, Cavazos J, Holmes G, Reder A, Wojna V, Nowinski C, et al. Validity of the Neurology Quality-of-Life (Neuro-QoL) measurement system in adult epilepsy. Epilepsy Behav. 2014;31:77-84 pubmed publisher..These results support the validity of Neuro-QoL to measure HRQL in adults with epilepsy. ..
- Cella D, Huang H, Monk B, Wenzel L, Benda J, McMeekin D, et al. Health-related quality of life outcomes associated with four cisplatin-based doublet chemotherapy regimens for stage IVB recurrent or persistent cervical cancer: a Gynecologic Oncology Group study. Gynecol Oncol. 2010;119:531-7 pubmed publisher..Long-term toxicity data are inconclusive. Except where patients may wish to reduce their risk of worsening pre-treatment neuropathy, PC remains the standard of care for this disease. ..
- Jensen S, Kaiser K, Lacson L, Schink J, Cella D. Content validity of the NCCN-FACT ovarian symptom index-18 (NFOSI-18). Gynecol Oncol. 2015;136:317-22 pubmed publisher..The findings support the content validity of the NFOSI-18. Item revisions, deletions or additions do not appear warranted. Future research can address the reliability and validity of the NFOSI-18 in clinical research. ..
- Haverman L, Grootenhuis M, Raat H, van Rossum M, Van Dulmen den Broeder E, Hoppenbrouwers K, et al. Dutch-Flemish translation of nine pediatric item banks from the Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS)Â®. Qual Life Res. 2016;25:761-5 pubmed publisher..The Dutch-Flemish PROMIS items are linguistically equivalent to the original USA version. Short forms are now available for use, and entire item banks are ready for cross-cultural validation in the Netherlands and Flanders. ..
- Lai J, Nowinski C, Zelko F, Wortman K, Burns J, Nordli D, et al. Validation of the Neuro-QoL measurement system in children with epilepsy. Epilepsy Behav. 2015;46:209-14 pubmed publisher..The Neurology Quality of Life Measurement System is a valid and reliable assessment tool for children with epilepsy and can be used in research and clinical settings. ..
- Vilagut G, Forero C, Adroher N, Olariu E, Cella D, Alonso J. Testing the PROMISÂ® Depression measures for monitoring depression in a clinical sample outside the US. J Psychiatr Res. 2015;68:140-50 pubmed publisher..This double check of quality (within countries and populations) supports the ability of PROMIS measures for guaranteeing fair comparisons across languages and countries in specific clinical populations. ..
- Cella D, Rosenbloom S, Beaumont J, Yount S, Paul D, Hampton D, et al. Development and validation of 11 symptom indexes to evaluate response to chemotherapy for advanced cancer. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2011;9:268-78 pubmed..Beyond the clinical value of such indexes, they may also contribute significantly to satisfying regulatory requirements for a standardized tool to evaluate drug efficacy with respect to symptomatology. ..
- Cella D, Michaelson M, Bushmakin A, Cappelleri J, Charbonneau C, Kim S, et al. Health-related quality of life in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma treated with sunitinib vs interferon-alpha in a phase III trial: final results and geographical analysis. Br J Cancer. 2010;102:658-64 pubmed publisher..Patients treated with sunitinib in this study had improved HRQoL, compared with patients treated with IFN-alpha. Treatment differences within the US cohort did not differ from those within the EU cohort. ..
- Cella D, Lai J, Jensen S, Christodoulou C, Junghaenel D, Reeve B, et al. PROMIS Fatigue Item Bank had Clinical Validity across Diverse Chronic Conditions. J Clin Epidemiol. 2016;73:128-34 pubmed publisher..In addition, these results support the ability of the PROMIS fatigue measures to compare differences in fatigue across a range of chronic conditions, thereby enabling comparative effectiveness research. ..
- Cella D, Li S, Li T, Kheoh T, Todd M, Basch E. Repeated measures analysis of patient-reported outcomes in prostate cancer after abiraterone acetate. J Community Support Oncol. 2016;14:148-54 pubmed publisher..Attrition after 1 year limited our ability to analyze the PRO data beyond that time point. Abiraterone-prednisone confers sustained HR-QoL benefits over the course of treatment. ..
- Cella D, GrÃ¼nwald V, Nathan P, Doan J, Dastani H, Taylor F, et al. Quality of life in patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma given nivolumab versus everolimus in CheckMate 025: a randomised, open-label, phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2016;17:994-1003 pubmed publisher..Nivolumab was associated with HRQoL improvement compared with everolimus in previously treated patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma. Bristol-Myers Squibb. ..
- Cella D, Escudier B, Rini B, Chen C, Bhattacharyya H, Tarazi J, et al. Patient-reported outcomes for axitinib vs sorafenib in metastatic renal cell carcinoma: phase III (AXIS) trial. Br J Cancer. 2013;108:1571-8 pubmed publisher..As duration of treatment was longer with axitinib than sorafenib, time to worsening of symptoms can be delayed longer with axitinib. ..
- Cella D, Jensen S, Webster K, Hongyan D, Lai J, Rosen S, et al. Measuring health-related quality of life in leukemia: the Functional Assessment of Cancer Therapy--Leukemia (FACT-Leu) questionnaire. Value Health. 2012;15:1051-8 pubmed publisher..The FACT-Leu scale is a valid, reliable, and efficient measure of leukemia-specific health-related quality of life for acute and chronic disease. ..
- Cella D, Riley W, Stone A, Rothrock N, Reeve B, Yount S, et al. The Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS) developed and tested its first wave of adult self-reported health outcome item banks: 2005-2008. J Clin Epidemiol. 2010;63:1179-94 pubmed publisher..Further testing will continue to validate and test PROMIS items and banks in diverse clinical populations. ..
- Cella D, Patel J. Improving health-related quality of life in non-small-cell lung cancer with current treatment options. Clin Lung Cancer. 2008;9:206-12 pubmed publisher..This article discusses current approaches to measuring health-related QOL. This discussion is followed by a brief review of some of the current treatment options for patients with NSCLC and their effect on health-related QOL. ..
- Beer T, Miller K, Tombal B, Cella D, Phung D, Holmstrom S, et al. The association between health-related quality-of-life scores and clinical outcomes in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer patients: Exploratory analyses of AFFIRM and PREVAIL studies. Eur J Cancer. 2017;87:21-29 pubmed publisher..Several baseline HRQoL domains were prognostic for rPFS and OS in patients with mCRPC, and this association was maintained during treatment, indicating that changes in HRQoL are informative for patients' expected survival. ..
- Cella D, Hughes C, Peterman A, Chang C, Peshkin B, Schwartz M, et al. A brief assessment of concerns associated with genetic testing for cancer: the Multidimensional Impact of Cancer Risk Assessment (MICRA) questionnaire. Health Psychol. 2002;21:564-72 pubmed..77), and Positive Experiences (4 items, alpha = .75). All 3 MICRA subscales differentiated participants who were BRCA1/2 positive from the other 3 groups. MICRA thus helps identify subgroups of vulnerable genetic testing participants. ..