David F Cella
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Haverman L, Grootenhuis M, Raat H, van Rossum M, Van Dulmen den Broeder E, Hoppenbrouwers K, et al. Dutch-Flemish translation of nine pediatric item banks from the Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS)Â®. Qual Life Res. 2016;25:761-5 pubmed publisher..The Dutch-Flemish PROMIS items are linguistically equivalent to the original USA version. Short forms are now available for use, and entire item banks are ready for cross-cultural validation in the Netherlands and Flanders. ..
- Cella D, Huang H, Monk B, Wenzel L, Benda J, McMeekin D, et al. Health-related quality of life outcomes associated with four cisplatin-based doublet chemotherapy regimens for stage IVB recurrent or persistent cervical cancer: a Gynecologic Oncology Group study. Gynecol Oncol. 2010;119:531-7 pubmed publisher..Long-term toxicity data are inconclusive. Except where patients may wish to reduce their risk of worsening pre-treatment neuropathy, PC remains the standard of care for this disease. ..
- Jensen S, Kaiser K, Lacson L, Schink J, Cella D. Content validity of the NCCN-FACT ovarian symptom index-18 (NFOSI-18). Gynecol Oncol. 2015;136:317-22 pubmed publisher..The findings support the content validity of the NFOSI-18. Item revisions, deletions or additions do not appear warranted. Future research can address the reliability and validity of the NFOSI-18 in clinical research. ..
- Cella D, Michaelson M, Bushmakin A, Cappelleri J, Charbonneau C, Kim S, et al. Health-related quality of life in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma treated with sunitinib vs interferon-alpha in a phase III trial: final results and geographical analysis. Br J Cancer. 2010;102:658-64 pubmed publisher..Patients treated with sunitinib in this study had improved HRQoL, compared with patients treated with IFN-alpha. Treatment differences within the US cohort did not differ from those within the EU cohort. ..
- Cella D, Rosenbloom S, Beaumont J, Yount S, Paul D, Hampton D, et al. Development and validation of 11 symptom indexes to evaluate response to chemotherapy for advanced cancer. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2011;9:268-78 pubmed..Beyond the clinical value of such indexes, they may also contribute significantly to satisfying regulatory requirements for a standardized tool to evaluate drug efficacy with respect to symptomatology. ..
- Cella D, Lai J, Jensen S, Christodoulou C, Junghaenel D, Reeve B, et al. PROMIS Fatigue Item Bank had Clinical Validity across Diverse Chronic Conditions. J Clin Epidemiol. 2016;73:128-34 pubmed publisher..In addition, these results support the ability of the PROMIS fatigue measures to compare differences in fatigue across a range of chronic conditions, thereby enabling comparative effectiveness research. ..
- Cella D, Escudier B, Rini B, Chen C, Bhattacharyya H, Tarazi J, et al. Patient-reported outcomes for axitinib vs sorafenib in metastatic renal cell carcinoma: phase III (AXIS) trial. Br J Cancer. 2013;108:1571-8 pubmed publisher..As duration of treatment was longer with axitinib than sorafenib, time to worsening of symptoms can be delayed longer with axitinib. ..
- Cella D, Jensen S, Webster K, Hongyan D, Lai J, Rosen S, et al. Measuring health-related quality of life in leukemia: the Functional Assessment of Cancer Therapy--Leukemia (FACT-Leu) questionnaire. Value Health. 2012;15:1051-8 pubmed publisher..The FACT-Leu scale is a valid, reliable, and efficient measure of leukemia-specific health-related quality of life for acute and chronic disease. ..
- Cella D, Riley W, Stone A, Rothrock N, Reeve B, Yount S, et al. The Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS) developed and tested its first wave of adult self-reported health outcome item banks: 2005-2008. J Clin Epidemiol. 2010;63:1179-94 pubmed publisher..Further testing will continue to validate and test PROMIS items and banks in diverse clinical populations. ..
- Cella D, Li S, Li T, Kheoh T, Todd M, Basch E. Repeated measures analysis of patient-reported outcomes in prostate cancer after abiraterone acetate. J Community Support Oncol. 2016;14:148-54 pubmed publisher..Attrition after 1 year limited our ability to analyze the PRO data beyond that time point. Abiraterone-prednisone confers sustained HR-QoL benefits over the course of treatment. ..
- Cella D, GrÃ¼nwald V, Nathan P, Doan J, Dastani H, Taylor F, et al. Quality of life in patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma given nivolumab versus everolimus in CheckMate 025: a randomised, open-label, phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2016;17:994-1003 pubmed publisher..Nivolumab was associated with HRQoL improvement compared with everolimus in previously treated patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma. Bristol-Myers Squibb. ..
- Cella D, Patel J. Improving health-related quality of life in non-small-cell lung cancer with current treatment options. Clin Lung Cancer. 2008;9:206-12 pubmed publisher..This article discusses current approaches to measuring health-related QOL. This discussion is followed by a brief review of some of the current treatment options for patients with NSCLC and their effect on health-related QOL. ..
- Cella D, Hughes C, Peterman A, Chang C, Peshkin B, Schwartz M, et al. A brief assessment of concerns associated with genetic testing for cancer: the Multidimensional Impact of Cancer Risk Assessment (MICRA) questionnaire. Health Psychol. 2002;21:564-72 pubmed..77), and Positive Experiences (4 items, alpha = .75). All 3 MICRA subscales differentiated participants who were BRCA1/2 positive from the other 3 groups. MICRA thus helps identify subgroups of vulnerable genetic testing participants. ..
- Beer T, Miller K, Tombal B, Cella D, Phung D, Holmstrom S, et al. The association between health-related quality-of-life scores and clinical outcomes in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer patients: Exploratory analyses of AFFIRM and PREVAIL studies. Eur J Cancer. 2017;87:21-29 pubmed publisher..Several baseline HRQoL domains were prognostic for rPFS and OS in patients with mCRPC, and this association was maintained during treatment, indicating that changes in HRQoL are informative for patients' expected survival. ..