Genomes and Genes
N L Brown
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Math5 is required for retinal ganglion cell and optic nerve formationN L Brown
Departments of Internal Medicine and Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0650, USA
Development 128:2497-508. 2001..A small number of nascent RGCs are detected during embryogenesis, but these fail to develop further, suggesting that committed RGCs may also require Math5 function...
- Math5 encodes a murine basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor expressed during early stages of retinal neurogenesisN L Brown
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0650, USA edu
Development 125:4821-33. 1998..We propose that Math5 acts as a proneural gene, but has properties different from its most closely related vertebrate family member, Xath5...
- hairy gene function in the Drosophila eye: normal expression is dispensable but ectopic expression alters cell fatesN L Brown
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Univerisity of Wisconsin, Madison 53706
Development 113:1245-56. 1991..The effects of ectopic hairy expression may result from interactions with proneural genes involved in the development of the eye and other sensory organs...
- Hairy and emc negatively regulate morphogenetic furrow progression in the Drosophila eyeN L Brown
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Wisconsin Madison 53706
Cell 80:879-87. 1995..This indicates that morphogenetic furrow progression and neuronal differentiation are negatively regulated by a combination of anteriorly expressed HLH regulatory proteins...
- daughterless is required for Drosophila photoreceptor cell determination, eye morphogenesis, and cell cycle progressionN L Brown
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Bock Laboratories, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Dev Biol 179:65-78. 1996....
- The role of basic helix-loop-helix genes in vertebrate retinogenesisM L Vetter
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Semin Cell Dev Biol 12:491-8. 2001....
- ZntR is a Zn(II)-responsive MerR-like transcriptional regulator of zntA in Escherichia coliK R Brocklehurst
School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, UK
Mol Microbiol 31:893-902. 1999..A hybrid MerR/ZntR protein has been constructed and indicates that the C-terminal region of ZntR recognizes Zn(II)...
- The effects of a cytokine suppressive anti-inflammatory drug on the output of prostaglandin E(2) and interleukin-1 beta from human fetal membranesM H F Sullivan
Institute of Reproductive and Developmental Biology, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, UK
Mol Hum Reprod 8:281-5. 2002..These findings are consistent with the effects of CSAIDs in other systems, and indicate that they are of possible use in premature labour...
- Luteinizing hormone receptor knockout (LuRKO) mice and transgenic human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG)-overexpressing mice (hCG alphabeta+) have bone phenotypesS J Yarram
Department of Oral and Dental Sciences, University of Bristol Dental School, Bristol BS1 2LY, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 144:3555-64. 2003..Although gonadotropin levels are tightly linked to sex steroid titers, it appears that their effects on the skeleton are indirect...