Affiliation: Northwestern University
- A network model of a cooperative genetic landscape in brain tumorsMarkus Bredel
Department of Neurological Surgery, Northwestern Brain Tumor Institute and Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611 3015, USA
JAMA 302:261-75. 2009..A persistent question concerns the biological basis for the coselection of these alterations during gliomagenesis...
- Early termination of ISRCTN45828668, a phase 1/2 prospective, randomized study of sulfasalazine for the treatment of progressing malignant gliomas in adultsPierre A Robe
Department of Surgery Neurosurgery, University of Liege, Domaine du Sart Tilman, B35, 4000 Liege, Belgium
BMC Cancer 9:372. 2009..As it presents an excellent safety profile, we initiated a phase 1/2 clinical study of this anti-inflammatory drug for the treatment of recurrent WHO grade 3 and 4 astrocytic gliomas in adults...
- Monosomy of chromosome 10 associated with dysregulation of epidermal growth factor signaling in glioblastomasAjay K Yadav
Department of Neurological Surgery, Northwestern Brain Tumor Institute, Lurie Center for Cancer Genetics Research, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611 3015, USA
JAMA 302:276-89. 2009..Glioblastomas--uniformly fatal brain tumors--often have both monosomy of chromosome 10 and gains of the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) gene locus on chromosome 7, an association for which the mechanism is poorly understood...
- Gene-protein correlation in single cellsJaclyn J Renfrow
Northwestern Brain Tumor Institute, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Neuro Oncol 13:880-5. 2011..We demonstrate that the fluorescent in situ gene protein assay methodology is capable of resolving gene and protein patterns simultaneously on a cell-by-cell basis...
- A phase 2 trial of single-agent bevacizumab given in an every-3-week schedule for patients with recurrent high-grade gliomasJeffrey J Raizer
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Cancer 116:5297-305. 2010..The authors evaluated a 3-week schedule of bevacizumab in patients with recurrent high-grade glioma (HGG)...