SUSAN J BENLOUCIF
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Nimodipine potentiates light-induced phase shifts of circadian activity rhythms but not c-fos expression in the suprachiasmatic nucleus of miceSusan Benloucif
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Biological Chemistry, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Brain Res 966:157-61. 2003..01), but not in the suprachiasmatic nuclei (SCN). These results suggest that nimodipine may affect phase shifts of circadian activity rhythms through a mechanism independent of c-fos expression in the SCN...
- Morning or evening activity improves neuropsychological performance and subjective sleep quality in older adultsSusan Benloucif
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Sleep 27:1542-51. 2004....
- Phase-dependent treatment of delayed sleep phase syndrome with melatoninKavita Mundey
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Evanston, IL, USA
Sleep 28:1271-8. 2005..This is the first study that reports a relationship between timing of melatonin administration and phase changes in patients with DSPS...
- Measuring melatonin in humansSusan Benloucif
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 4:66-9. 2008....
- SLEEP/WAKE RHYTHMS IN AGING--TREATMENT WITH NIMODIPINESusan Benloucif; Fiscal Year: 2002..The results of the animal and human experiments are designed to determine if nimodipine can enhance the effectiveness of light therapy for sleep/wake disorders in elderly humans. ..
- RESPONSIVENESS OF THE AGING CIRCADIAN CLOCK TO LIGHTSusan Benloucif; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed experiments will provide a vast amount of data in which to better understand the effect of age on circadian rhythms and sleep and lead to improved treatments for circadian rhythm and sleep disorders in older adults. ..