Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Improving interunit transitions of care between emergency physicians and hospital medicine physicians: a conceptual approachChristopher Beach
From the Department of Emergency Medicine, Northwestern University The Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Acad Emerg Med 19:1188-95. 2012..By exploring the dynamics of transition communication between specialties and suggesting best practices, the authors hope to strengthen hand-off skills and contribute to improved continuity of care...
- Profiles in patient safety: emergency care transitionsChristopher Beach
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Florida HSC Jacksonville, FL, USA
Acad Emerg Med 10:364-7. 2003....
- Undiagnosed hypertension in the ED setting--an unrecognized opportunity by emergency nursesPaula Tanabe
Institute for Health Services Research and Policy Studies and Emergency Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Ill, USA
J Emerg Nurs 30:225-9. 2004..We sought to (1) identify the prevalence of elevated blood pressures in low-acuity patients and (2) describe the existing practice of reassessment, treatment, and referral of abnormal vital signs in these patients...
- Emergency department digital radiology: moving from photos to pixelsFaber A White
MBA, Department of Emergency Medicine, 601 Elmwood, Box 655, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Acad Emerg Med 11:1213-22. 2004..Despite the unresolved issues, digital radiology will mature as a technology and improve EM practice, making it one of the great information technology advances in EM...
- Clinical operations in academic emergency medicineChristopher Beach
Division of Emergency Medicine, Northwestern University The Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Acad Emerg Med 10:806-7. 2003..Effective operational processes should ultimately be seen as those which preserve and enhance the patient-physician relationship...