Kelly Glazer Baron
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Interest and use of mental health and specialty behavioral medicine counseling in US primary care patientsKelly G Baron
Department of Neurologyy, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Int J Behav Med 20:69-76. 2013..Counseling interventions have the potential to improve health and quality of life for primary care patients, but there are few studies describing the interest in and utilization of counseling among this patient population in the USA...
- Contribution of evening macronutrient intake to total caloric intake and body mass indexKelly Glazer Baron
Academy of Cognitive Therapy, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Appetite 60:246-51. 2013..Eating in the evening or before sleep may predispose individuals to weight gain through higher total calories...
- Role of sleep timing in caloric intake and BMIKelly G Baron
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 19:1374-81. 2011..Future studies should investigate the biological and social mechanisms linking timing of sleep and feeding in order to develop novel time-based interventions for weight management...
- Race and ethnic variation in excessive daytime sleepiness: the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosisKelly Glazer Baron
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Behav Sleep Med 8:231-45. 2010..Furthermore, attenuation of differences in ESS < 12 suggests this measure has a stronger association with current health...
- Self-efficacy contributes to individual differences in subjective improvements using CPAPKelly Glazer Baron
Department of Neurology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Sleep Breath 15:599-606. 2011..However, there is variability in response to CPAP. This study examined individual differences in the daily associations between CPAP use and improvements in affect and sleepiness patients beginning CPAP...
- Impact of psychotherapy on insomnia symptoms in patients with depression and multiple sclerosisKelly Glazer Baron
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University, 710 N Lake Shore Dr, 5th Floor, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
J Behav Med 34:92-101. 2011....
- Spousal involvement in CPAP adherence among patients with obstructive sleep apneaKelly Glazer Baron
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Sleep Breath 15:525-34. 2011..To determine the effects of spousal involvement on continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) adherence and response to CPAP problems in male patients with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)...
- Relationship quality and CPAP adherence in patients with obstructive sleep apneaKelly Glazer Baron
Department of Psychology, University of Utah
Behav Sleep Med 7:22-36. 2009..001), and functional impairment (d = 1.48, p < .001). These findings highlight the importance of evaluating marital conflict for OSA patients and suggest marital conflict may be a target for interventions to improve CPAP adherence...
- Aerobic exercise improves self-reported sleep and quality of life in older adults with insomniaKathryn J Reid
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University, Suite 500, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Sleep Med 11:934-40. 2010..To assess the efficacy of moderate aerobic physical activity with sleep hygiene education to improve sleep, mood and quality of life in older adults with chronic insomnia...
- Hostility, anger, and marital adjustment: concurrent and prospective associations with psychosocial vulnerabilityKelly Glazer Baron
Department of Psychology, University of Utah, 390 South 1530 East rm 502, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
J Behav Med 30:1-10. 2007..These results support the role of hostility and anger in the development of psychosocial vulnerability, but also suggest an asymmetry in the effects of wives' and husbands' trait anger and hostility on marital adjustment...