Edward D Auyang
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- A comprehensive review of laparoscopic redo fundoplicationDarren B van Beek
Department of Surgery, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611 2908, USA
Surg Endosc 25:706-12. 2011..Most of these studies are small and reflect initial experiences with the procedure. To examine the collective experience with laparoscopic redo fundoplications, a systematic review was conducted...
- NOTES: cadaveric rendezvous hybrid small bowel resectionEdward D Auyang
Division of GI and endocrine surgery, Department of Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Galter 10 105, 201 E Huron Street, Chicago, IL 60611 2908, USA
Surg Endosc 22:2277-8. 2008..There are several proposed benefits to the NOTES approach, including potentially decreased abdominal pain, wound infections, and hernia formation...
- Natural orifice translumenal endoscopic surgery (NOTES): dissection for the critical view of safety during transcolonic cholecystectomyEdward D Auyang
Department of Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611 2908, USA
Surg Endosc 23:1117-8. 2009..This video shows that the critical view of safety can be attained with endoscopic dissection...
- Preoperative ultrasound measurements predict the feasibility of gallbladder extraction during transgastric natural orifice translumenal endoscopic surgery cholecystectomyByron F Santos
Department of Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, 676 North Saint Clair Street, Suite 650, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Surg Endosc 25:1168-75. 2011..This study examined the rate of successful gallbladder specimen extraction through an overtube and hypothesized that preoperative ultrasound findings could predict successful specimen passage...
- Natural orifice translumenal endoscopic surgery (NOTES(®)): a technical reviewEdward D Auyang
Department of Surgery, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Surg Endosc 25:3135-48. 2011..The clinical NOTES literature continues to grow. This review quantifies the published human NOTES experience to date, examines instrument use in detail, and compiles available perioperative outcomes data...
- Human NOTES cholecystectomy: transgastric hybrid techniqueEdward D Auyang
Department of Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Galter 3 150, 251 E Huron Street, Chicago, IL 60611 2908, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 13:1149-50. 2009..Gastrointest Endosc 65(7):1028-1034, 2007). This video demonstrates the technique by which we perform transgastric NOTES hybrid cholecystectomy in human patients...
- How I do it: laparoscopic paraesophageal hernia repairEdward D Auyang
Department of Surgery, University of Washington, 1959 NE Pacific Street, Box 356410, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 16:1406-11. 2012..Preferred treatment approach has evolved over time, with laparoscopic repair being the current preferred technique as it causes less hemodynamic changes and is better tolerated than open repairs...
- Laparoscopic management of a cystic duct cystEdward S Chan
Northwestern University, Department of Surgery, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
JSLS 13:436-40. 2009..We describe one such rare case of a cyst of the cystic duct that we successfully treated via laparoscopic resection...