Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Assessment instrumentsAdnan Arseven
The Buehler Center on Aging, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, 750 North Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Clin Geriatr Med 21:121-46, ix. 2005..This article examines question-based assessment instruments in palliative care for elders. Important in all aspects of medicine, reliance on verbal assessments is of special importance in palliative care...
- Peripheral arterial disease and depressed mood in older men and womenA Arseven
Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL, USA
Vasc Med 6:229-34. 2001..An evaluation for depression may be appropriate in men and women with PAD. Findings should be evaluated in a larger study cohort...
- Does lower-extremity arterial disease predict future falling among older men and women?Adnan Arseven
Department of Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Angiology 58:725-33. 2007..Future study is needed to determine whether reduced levels of physical activity among patients with PAD account for the lower rate of falling observed here...
- Depressive symptoms and lower extremity functioning in men and women with peripheral arterial diseaseMary Mcgrae McDermott
Department of Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Gen Intern Med 18:461-7. 2003..The purpose of this study was to determine the relationship between depressive symptoms and objective measures of lower extremity functioning in persons with PAD...
- Literacy, race, and PSA level among low-income men newly diagnosed with prostate cancerMichael S Wolf
Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Institute for Healthcare Studies and Division of General Internal Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Urology 68:89-93. 2006..We investigated whether, after adjusting for literacy, race was a significant independent predictor of greater PSA levels among men with newly diagnosed prostate cancer...
- Opportunities for disease state management in prostate cancerA Simon Pickard
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Center for Pharmacoeconomic Research College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Dis Manag 8:235-44. 2005....