Mark D Adler
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Development and evaluation of high-fidelity simulation case scenarios for pediatric resident educationMark D Adler
Department of Pediatrics, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Ambul Pediatr 7:182-6. 2007..Patient simulation can contribute to objective evaluation of acute care event management skills. We describe the development and validation of 4 simulation case scenarios for pediatric resident evaluation...
- Development and evaluation of a simulation-based pediatric emergency medicine curriculumMark D Adler
Department of Pediatrics, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Acad Med 84:935-41. 2009..The infrequency of severe childhood illness limits opportunities for emergency medicine (EM) providers to learn from real-world experience. Simulation offers an evidence-based educational approach to develop and practice clinical skills...
- Comparison of checklist and anchored global rating instruments for performance rating of simulated pediatric emergenciesMark D Adler
Department of Pediatrics, Feinberg School of Medicine, Augusta Webster, MD, USA
Simul Healthc 6:18-24. 2011..To compare the psychometric performance of two rating instruments used to assess trainee performance in three clinical scenarios...
- Emergency and critical care pediatrics: use of medical simulation for training in acute pediatric emergenciesWalter J Eppich
Children s Memorial Hospital, Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60614, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 18:266-71. 2006..This review addresses the use of medical simulation as a way for medical learners to acquire and maintain skills needed to manage pediatric resuscitations...
- Incidence and trends of pediatric ovarian torsion hospitalizations in the United States, 2000-2006Bridgette D Guthrie
Children s Memorial Hospital, Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, 2300 Children s Plaza, Box 62, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Pediatrics 125:532-8. 2010..Demographic factors and hospital characteristics that are associated with rates of oophorectomy were also explored...