Rudolph P Rull
Affiliation: Northern California Cancer Center
- Neural tube defects and maternal residential proximity to agricultural pesticide applicationsRudolph P Rull
Northern California Cancer Center, Berkeley, CA 94704 1204, USA
Am J Epidemiol 163:743-53. 2006..These results suggest that ambient exposure to certain categories of agricultural pesticides may increase the risk of NTDs...
- Residential proximity to agricultural pesticide applications and childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaRudolph P Rull
Northern California Cancer Center, 2001 Center Street, Suite 700, Berkeley, CA 94704, USA
Environ Res 109:891-9. 2009..A similar pattern was also observed for several toxicological groups of pesticides. These findings suggest future directions for the identification of specific pesticides that may play a role in the etiology of childhood leukemia...
- Residential traffic density and childhood leukemia riskJulie Von Behren
Northern California Cancer Center, Berkeley, CA 94704, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:2298-301. 2008..Exposures to carcinogenic compounds from vehicle exhaust may increase childhood leukemia risk, and the timing of this exposure may be important...
- Determinants of agricultural pesticide concentrations in carpet dustRobert B Gunier
Cancer Prevention Institute of California, Berkeley, California 94704, USA
Environ Health Perspect 119:970-6. 2011..Residential proximity to agricultural pesticide applications has been used as a surrogate for exposure in epidemiologic studies, although little is known about the relationship with levels of pesticides in homes...
- Determinants and within-person variability of urinary cadmium concentrations among women in northern CaliforniaRobert B Gunier
Cancer Prevention Institute of California, Berkeley, California, USA
Environ Health Perspect 121:643-9. 2013..Cadmium (Cd) is a toxic metal associated with increased morbidity and mortality. Urinary Cd (U-Cd) concentration is considered a biomarker of long-term exposure...
- Historical pesticide exposure in California using pesticide use reports and land-use surveys: an assessment of misclassification error and biasRudolph P Rull
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 1772, USA
Environ Health Perspect 111:1582-9. 2003..These results underscore the importance of increasing the spatiotemporal resolution of pesticide exposure models to minimize misclassification...
- Validation of self-reported proximity to agricultural crops in a case-control study of neural tube defectsRudolph P Rull
Center for Health Policy Research, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol 16:147-55. 2006..These results suggest differential reporting between case and control mothers as well as an influence from maternal demographic characteristics on reporting accuracy...
- Are frequent asthma symptoms among low-income individuals related to heavy traffic near homes, vulnerabilities, or both?Ying Ying Meng
UCLA Center for Health Policy Research, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Ann Epidemiol 18:343-50. 2008..To investigate whether frequent asthma symptoms (daily/weekly symptoms) can be attributed to traffic-related exposures, poverty, and/or vulnerabilities...