Bang H Nguyen
Affiliation: Northern California Cancer Center
- Colorectal cancer screening in Vietnamese AmericansBang H Nguyen
Northern California Cancer Center, Fremont, CA 94538, USA
J Cancer Educ 23:37-45. 2008..In this article, we describe rates of colorectal screening, identify determinants, and recommend educational strategies to improve screening...
- Effectiveness of a controlled trial to promote colorectal cancer screening in Vietnamese AmericansBang H Nguyen
Northern California Cancer Center, 2201 Walnut Ave, Suite 300, Fremont, CA 94538, USA
Am J Public Health 100:870-6. 2010..We conducted a controlled trial of a public education and provider intervention to increase colorectal cancer (CRC) screening rates among Vietnamese Americans, who typically have lower rates than non-Hispanic Whites...
- Effectiveness of continuing medical education in increasing colorectal cancer screening knowledge among Vietnamese American physiciansBang H Nguyen
Northern California Cancer Center, Fremont, California 94538, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 21:568-81. 2010..Continuing medical education seminars were effective in increasing CRC screening knowledge among Vietnamese American physicians. This increase may lead to physicians' recommending and their patients' completing CRC screening tests...
- Using focus groups to develop interventions to promote colorectal cancer screening among Vietnamese AmericansBang H Nguyen
Northern California Cancer Center, CA 94538, USA
J Cancer Educ 21:80-3. 2006..Colorectal cancer is the third most common cancer in Vietnamese Americans. Their colorectal screening rates are lower than the rates of whites...
- Attitudes toward hepatitis B and liver cancer prevention among Chinese Americans in the San Francisco Bay Area, CaliforniaEllen T Chang
Northern California Cancer Center, Fremont, Walnut Avenue, Suite 300, Fremont, CA 94538, USA
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 9:605-13. 2008..Chronic hepatitis B and associated liver cancer constitute important health threats with disparity among Asian/Pacific Islander Americans (APIs). However, many APIs are unaware of and unprotected against these diseases...