Affiliation: Northeastern University
- Physical injuries reported on hospital visits for assault during the pregnancy-associated periodAngela Nannini
Bouve College of Health Sciences, School of Nursing, Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts 02115 5000, USA
Nurs Res 57:144-9. 2008..Although homicide is a leading cause of injury death among pregnant and postpartum women, the continuum of violence-related physical injuries that women sustain during this period has not been studied systematically...
- Sexual assault patterns among women with and without disabilities seeking survivor servicesAngela Nannini
School of Nursing, Bouve College of Health Sciences, Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Womens Health Issues 16:372-9. 2006..The primary research questions were 1) how do sexual assault patterns differ for women with disabilities as compared with women without disabilities and 2) how do patterns differ among women with different disabilities?..
- Injury: a major cause of pregnancy-associated morbidity in MassachusettsAngela Nannini
Bouvé College of Health Sciences School of Nursing at Northeastern University, Boston, MA 02115 5000, USA
J Midwifery Womens Health 53:3-10. 2008..48; 95% CI, 2.39-2.58) when compared with referent groups. Clinical guidelines for preconception and pregnancy-associated periods should include recommendations for injury history assessment and preventative counseling for women...
- Establishing an interdisciplinary geriatric education centerElizabeth P Howard
408 Robinson Hall, Northeastern University, 360 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Allied Health 38:e125-30. 2009..The model and processes for the implementation of such a center are presented...
- Identifying multiple gestation groups using state-level birth and fetal death certificate dataJane Lazar
Department of Maternal and Child Health, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 01760, USA
Matern Child Health J 10:225-8. 2006....
- Underreporting of pregnancy-related mortality in the United States and EuropeCatherine Deneux-Tharaux
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Medicale U 149, Epidemiological Research Unit on Perinatal and Women s Health, Paris, France
Obstet Gynecol 106:684-92. 2005..Our objective was to uniformly measure underreporting of mortality from pregnancy in official statistics from selected regions within the U.S. and Europe, and to provide comparable revised profiles of pregnancy-related mortality...
- Perinatal outcomes of twin births conceived using assisted reproduction technology: a population-based studySheree L Boulet
National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Road, MS E86, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Hum Reprod 23:1941-8. 2008..Although many studies comparing ART and naturally conceived twins report no difference in risks for perinatal outcomes, others report slight to moderate positive or protective associations...
- Effect of late-preterm birth and maternal medical conditions on newborn morbidity riskCarrie K Shapiro-Mendoza
Division of Reproductive Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341 3717, USA
Pediatrics 121:e223-32. 2008..We compared late-preterm and term (37-41 weeks' gestation) infants with and without selected maternal medical conditions and assessed the independent and joint effects of these exposures on newborn morbidity risk...
- A population-based study of maternal and perinatal outcomes associated with assisted reproductive technology in MassachusettsLaura A Schieve
Division of Reproductive Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Matern Child Health J 11:517-25. 2007..To assess associations between assisted reproductive technology (ART) and adverse maternal and infant outcomes, with an emphasis on singletons...
- Pregnancy-related deaths in four regions of Europe and the United States in 1999-2000: characterisation of unreported deathsMika Gissler
STAKES National Research and Development Centre for Welfare and Health, Information Division, Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 133:179-85. 2007....
- Pregnancy-associated mortality at the end of the twentieth century: Massachusetts, 1990-1999Angela Nannini
Bureau of Family and Community Health, Massachusetts Department of Public Health, USA
J Am Med Womens Assoc 57:140-3. 2002....