Steven N Leonard
Affiliation: Northeastern University
- Comparative Activities of Telavancin Combined with Nafcillin, Imipenem, and Gentamicin against Staphylococcus aureusSteven N Leonard
Northeastern University, Bouve College of Health Sciences, School of Pharmacy, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 57:2678-83. 2013..aureus, including resistant strains. Because beta-lactam combinations are less likely to be nephrotoxic than telavancin plus gentamicin, these beta-lactam combinations may have clinical utility...
- Evaluation of the combination of daptomycin and nafcillin against vancomycin-intermediate Staphylococcus aureusSteven N Leonard
Northeastern University, Bouve College of Health Sciences, School of Pharmacy, 360 Huntington Ave, R218 TF, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 68:644-7. 2013..Pertinent to this investigation is the correlation between vancomycin intermediacy and daptomycin non-susceptibility. The aim of this study was to evaluate the potential for synergy between daptomycin and nafcillin against VISA...
- An introductory review module for an anti-infectives therapeutics courseSteven N Leonard
School of Pharmacy, Bouve College of Health Sciences, Northeastern University, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 76:135. 2012..To determine whether an introductory review module using a hybrid-learning approach helped students learn infectious disease management in an anti-infectives therapeutics course...
- Synergy between vancomycin and nafcillin against Staphylococcus aureus in an in vitro pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic modelSteven N Leonard
School of Pharmacy, Bouve College of Health Sciences, Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e42103. 2012..aureus with reduced susceptibility to vancomycin, such as hVISA. The aim of this study was to evaluate the potential for synergy between vancomycin and nafcillin against hVISA...
- Comparative in vitro activity of telavancin, vancomycin and linezolid against heterogeneously vancomycin-intermediate Staphylococcus aureus (hVISA)Steven N Leonard
Northeastern University, Bouve College of Health Sciences, School of Pharmacy, 206 Mugar Building, 360 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Int J Antimicrob Agents 37:558-61. 2011..Linezolid was not bactericidal against any strain at either concentration or inoculum. In conclusion, the killing activity of telavancin against hVISA was found to be superior to vancomycin and linezolid...
- Heterogeneous vancomycin resistance in Staphylococcus aureus: a review of epidemiology, diagnosis, and clinical significanceStar L Rong
School of Pharmacy, Northeastern University, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Ann Pharmacother 44:844-50. 2010..To provide an overview of heterogeneously glycopeptide intermediate Staphylococcus aureus, its epidemiology, methods of diagnosis, and clinical relevance...