Joseph P McGowan
Affiliation: North Shore University Hospital
- Relationship of serum immunoglobulin and IgG subclass levels to race, ethnicity and behavioral characteristics in HIV infectionJoseph P McGowan
Division of Infectious Diseases, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, U S A
Med Sci Monit 12:CR11-16. 2006..To determine whether demographic and behavioral factors affect immunoglobulin regulation in HIV infection, we studied injection drug users, women, and minority ethnic and racial groups with and without HIV infection...
- Risk behavior for transmission of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) among HIV-seropositive individuals in an urban settingJoseph P McGowan
Department of Medicine, Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, Bronx, New York, USA
Clin Infect Dis 38:122-7. 2004..2-7.0) and use of highly active antiretroviral therapy (AOR, 1.8; 95% CI, 1.1-3.1). Ongoing risk-reduction counseling and substance abuse treatment for HIV-infected persons are needed to reduce behaviors associated with HIV transmission...
- Agreement between Mantoux skin testing and QuantiFERON-TB assay using dual mycobacterial antigens in current and former injection drug usersSanjiv S Shah
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, North Shore University Hospital, USA
Med Sci Monit 12:MT11-6. 2006..tuberculosis and assess the impact of cross-reactions from latent infection with other mycobacteria in inner-city injection drug users, a population at high risk for tuberculosis...
- Comorbid conditions, treatment, and health maintenance in older persons with human immunodeficiency virus infection in New York CitySanjiv S Shah
Division of Infectious Diseases, Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, Bronx, NY, USA
Clin Infect Dis 35:1238-43. 2002..Comorbid conditions and use of concurrent HIV-unrelated medications need not adversely affect treatment of HIV-infected older individuals, but increased attention to health maintenance may be necessary...
- Clinical and demographic variables related to pain in HIV-infected individuals treated with effective, combination antiretroviral therapy (cART)Lisa D Cervia
Division of Infectious Diseases, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, USA
Pain Med 11:498-503. 2010....
- Miller Fisher variant of Guillain-Barré syndrome associated with lactic acidosis and stavudine therapySanjiv S Shah
Department of Medicine, Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, Bronx, New York 10457, USA
Clin Infect Dis 36:e131-3. 2003..We review this syndrome in the context of recent descriptions of neuromuscular toxicities attributed to nucleoside analogue reverse-transcriptase inhibitor-induced mitochondrial toxicity...
- Rickettsial, ehrlichial and Bartonella infections of the myocardium and pericardiumSanjiv S Shah
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, and the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10457, USA
Front Biosci 8:e197-201. 2003..conorii and Coxiella burnetii infections. This article reviews the epidemiology, pathologic characteristics, clinical manifestations, diagnosis and treatment of myocarditis and pericarditis caused by these organisms...
- Maraviroc for previously treated patients with R5 HIV-1 infectionRoy M Gulick
Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10065, USA
N Engl J Med 359:1429-41. 2008..CC chemokine receptor 5 antagonists are a new class of antiretroviral agents...
- Prevalence and characteristics of hepatitis C virus coinfection in a human immunodeficiency virus clinical trials group: the Terry Beirn Community Programs for Clinical Research on AIDSEllen M Tedaldi
Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Infect Dis 36:1313-7. 2003..The prevalence of HCV coinfection in a diverse HIV clinical trials cohort provides additional information about risk behaviors and demographic factors that can be used in the analysis of clinical and virologic outcomes...
- Subgroup analyses of maraviroc in previously treated R5 HIV-1 infectionGerd Fatkenheuer
Universitätsklinik Köln, Cologne, Germany
N Engl J Med 359:1442-55. 2008....
- Cryptococcal fungemia in a neutropenic patient with AIDS while receiving caspofunginPrashant Malhotra
North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
J Infect 51:e181-3. 2005....